Re: [BSA] river-rippers.net :: the network for river windsurfers :: rivers are our playgrounds :: Surfing China's River Wave

  • Rusty Hill
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 9, 2011

      Jon, I assume everyone knows just how afraid if the water I am. I'm deathly afraid. So, bubbles, toy boats, and if course my rubber ducky are, the only things that can get me through my  monthly cleansing. Thanks for rubbing it in.

      Rusty Hill
      Photography Elevated
      (208) 891-7744

      On Dec 9, 2011, at 7:13 AM, Jon Bolt <idakiteman@...> wrote:

      OK, how many of you guys take baths, huh???  Rusty, know you're still a young pup, but time to loose the Finding Nemo Bubblebath...

      On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 1:44 AM, Rusty Hill <rustyshill@...> wrote:
      That wave looked pretty clean! Well the shape at least... Not so much the water. That looked like the bath water when I get out.

      Rusty Hill
      Photography Elevated

    • daflyinhawaiian64@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 9, 2011
        So that's why you spend so much of your kiting time in the air!
        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

        From: Rusty Hill <rustyshill@...>
        Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 09:20:50 -0700
        To: <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: [BSA] river-rippers.net :: the network for river windsurfers :: rivers are our playgrounds :: Surfing China's River Wave

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 9, 2011
          Yes Greg, that's exactly why

          Rusty Hill
          Photography Elevated
          (208) 891-7744

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 10, 2011
            Hey you guys settle down, lots of angst with no wind and no snow. Since we all seem to diverge from wind powered sports at times I wanted to make you guys aware of two things to take advantage of, one is I have a Oahu Beach house for rent on Sunset beach, look on VRBO #351457, surf brake is called Backyards, sunset is 50 yards to left and Vland 100 yards to right, it all world class surf of the north shore right out the door, When trade winds blow you can kite right off the beach in front. There is also Garretts old stomping ground 10min drive to the east, Hukelau and Dillingham 20min to the west, I have 4 kites and a surfboard with straps there if you wanted to work out something.
            The other thing is I often on Tuesday's fly to Alta to ski for the day via private plane and return home that night about 7 or 8. Flight time 1h45m, Gas is now $6/gal so I am looking for people to share gas expense to ski Alta powder midweek no crowds.Total gas cost is usually $300. Usually leave at 630am and i have an airport car in SLC so tranfsfer is quick. If you want to stay down there longer I have a 1BR and loft condo I rent out at Solitude that is at Eagle Springs West and is walk to the slope, can pack in 6 people but 4 is comfortable. I hope this will help with the fevers that have been ailing the group, Mark Parent 440-1542

            --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Rusty Hill <rustyshill@...> wrote:

            > Yes Greg, that's exactly why
            >
            > Rusty Hill
            > Photography Elevated
            > www.SkyBluePhotos.com
            > (208) 891-7744
            >
            > On Dec 9, 2011, at 9:47 AM, daflyinhawaiian64@... wrote:
            >
            > > So that's why you spend so much of your kiting time in the air!
            > >
            > > Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
            > > From: Rusty Hill <rustyshill@...>
            > > Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
            > > Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 09:20:50 -0700
            > > To: <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
            > > ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
            > > Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: [BSA] river-rippers.net :: the network for river windsurfers :: rivers are our playgrounds :: Surfing China's River Wave
            > >

            > >> Jon, I assume everyone knows just how afraid if the water I am. I'm deathly afraid. So, bubbles, toy boats, and if course my rubber ducky are, the only things that can get me through my monthly cleansing. Thanks for rubbing it in.
            > >>
            > >> Rusty Hill
            > >> Photography Elevated
            > >> www.SkyBluePhotos.com
            > >> (208) 891-7744

          • Gregory Danley
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 11, 2011
              that is insane. the life styles of the ......

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 11, 2011
                Mark
                What dose your house rent for ? also Ive been to Backyards and the beach is covered with brocken pieces of coral . How go you launch and land  there ? Also do every go to Snowbird or other spots , the reason i ask is Alta only allows skiing , no snowboarding .
                Steve

                To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                From: daflyinhawaiian64@...
                Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 19:25:02 -0800