Re: [snowkiteidaho] snowkiting on Lake Cascade?

  • geardaddy@cableone.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 20, 2006
      Cascade - check out the area know as sugar loaf boat launch. between donnelly and the little passafter Cascade.  So far I have found a little stronger winds in that area and it does not need a lot of snow to make good coverage.

      Eddy

      On Wed Dec 20 1:19 , 'Darrel Thomas' sent:

      Too early for an official wind forecast for Fri, but they are forecasting E9 for Thur, which should result in a yoyo on Fri and/or Sat.  Long range models back it up.
      Here is a link to a pinpoint forecast for the Camas
      Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 15:10:38 -0700

      No one has really tried too hard.  Eddy was up there a few times this summer, but has far as I know he never had enough wind to go on the water.

      I agree w/ Ryan, if it looks like it has been supporting snowmobilers, I'd g for it.  I think wind is the bigger question mark.  Given the shape of the canyon, our prevailing NW and SE flows might not ever really fill in down in the valley.  The good news is there is a weather system scheduled to come through on Thurs.  If it does, it will most likely bring some SE winds Thurs and NW on Fri and maybe Sat.

      Please let us know what you find.  It would be nice to start to get a handle on what the potential is up there.

      Darrel