RE: [snowkiteidaho] Re: [BSA] LP

    Message 1 of 39 , Nov 1, 2011
      Tomorrow CJ in the afternoon and Wednesday and Thursday afternoon at LP show promus keep you plans open and your eye on the wind .

      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      From: daflyinhawaiian64@...
      Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 03:41:25 +0000
      Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: [BSA] LP

      To cJ.

      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

      From: JAMES NANCY TIGHE <gemst@...>
      Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 15:22:28 -0600
      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

      Wed.???  What about right now in MT Hm its 20+ and warm!!!  Any body want to go?
      James ( Jim ) Tighe
      Gem State Gymnastics Academy &
      Tighe Gymnastics Sales
      5420 W State St.
      Boise, ID 83703
      208-853-3220 Gym; 208-853-9021 FAX
      208-859-1397 Cell (best )
      emai; jim@...
      website; gemstategymnastics.com

      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      From: jwattboi@...
      Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 15:15:00 -0600

      I'm last man out till Wednesday.  That wind forecast is looking really good.  I won't be able to go that afternoon.  Bummer.  It's looks like a 9m day.

      On Oct 31, 2011, at 7:57, daflyinhawaiian64@... wrote:

      So would that be like an 843? Are you now the last man out?
      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

      From: Jason Watt <jwattboi@...>
      Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 12:23:28 -0600

      Just got done.  Awesome day and not any colder than the last few weekends.       Water temp is 54.4.  Plenty of power on a 12. I was not cold with a shortie, a 543 over that, booties and gloves.

      On Oct 30, 2011, at 10:25, steve linane <itile@...> wrote:

      the indicators say it is ripping this morning , best I have seen in a while . What do the eye witness say
       stefan I tried many different  boards . Longer is better then short . Around 158 . wider is better then narrow . and less side cut the better . when you mount you binding set the heal side  close to the heal edge of the board . I have my binding  about 20" apart .And if straight ahead is 0 then i have the angle set at 15 degrees . This will give you a starting point to work from .   But if you can afford it don't even bother with a snowboard , Have Eddy get you a Twisted or similar  snowkite board there is no comparison .
      Steve-O
      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      From: jwattboi@...
      Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 08:52:59 -0600

      Whitecaps st the diversion dam.  Wind feels good n strong at the lookout.  Mike z and I are gonna hike down.  Brrrr.

      On Oct 29, 2011, at 20:52, Chris Lee <chris133@...> wrote:

      Wonder if tomorrow morning will happens... Looks fairly promising.
      Unfortunately, I can't make it. :-(

      Best regards,
      Chris Lee

      On Oct 29, 2011, at 9:56 AM, steve linane <itile@...> wrote:

       Mt. H could kick up a little wind this afternoon high of 59 . this thread reminds me . About 25 years ago I was out at Indian Cr about this time of year . Light wind day had my kids with me , temp hovering in the 40s Im out sailing . With no warning the wind picked up to about 20 and it started to snow . I put my gear away in a small blizzard . IOM , Ice on the mustache
      Steve-O

      CC: tcavaiani@...; bzrussell@...; jim@...; boisesailors@...
      From: geardaddyllc@...
      Subject: Re: [BSA] LP
      Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 08:13:56 -0600
      To: hyqual@...

      You guys are nuts!!!

      Although one time on Lake Ponchatrain in N'Awlins my coonass buddies and I (way back when windurfing was Kool as) thought ice on a Gorge sailors mustache was funny as ... But he said he sailed in those conditions all the time.

      Needless to say, I tried and soon after decided I did not need to do that again; Drove home in frozen dry suit and sat in warm shower for an hour. :-)

      Eddy

      On Oct 29, 2011, at 5:38 AM, "Jack Harrison" <hyqual@...> wrote:

      Maybe using a smaller board and sinking the tail in the water during your jibes helps?

      The only problem I recall when sailing at Indian Creek after the ice melted during a late January thaw, was de-rigging. When I came to shore and put my rig on the beach, it was instantly cover with a thin sheet of ice.

      Jack

      Message 39 of 39 , Nov 1, 2011
        Just got a call from mike coddingham who just crossed the snake on his way home from elko. He said it was blowing like stink. Tumble weeds, low visibility and white caps. He suggests bringing your small kites!

        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

        From: "jwattboi" <jwattboi@...>
        Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2011 17:59:25 -0000
        To: <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: [BSA] LP

        Got the okay to take half a day off. I'll be passing Alby's around 1:45. I plan on heading to the river unless everyone else will be at CJ. I'll be heading home to get gear and van so I've got room if anyone needs a ride or wants to bring a trailer with gear.

        412-1893
        Jason