FW: [BSA] LP

    Message 1 of 39 , Oct 29, 2011

       Mt. H could kick up a little wind this afternoon high of 59 . this thread reminds me . About 25 years ago I was out at Indian Cr about this time of year . Light wind day had my kids with me , temp hovering in the 40s Im out sailing . With no warning the wind picked up to about 20 and it started to snow . I put my gear away in a small blizzard . IOM , Ice on the mustache
      Steve-O

      CC: tcavaiani@...; bzrussell@...; jim@...; boisesailors@...
      From: geardaddyllc@...
      Subject: Re: [BSA] LP
      Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 08:13:56 -0600
      To: hyqual@...

      You guys are nuts!!!

      Although one time on Lake Ponchatrain in N'Awlins my coonass buddies and I (way back when windurfing was Kool as) thought ice on a Gorge sailors mustache was funny as ... But he said he sailed in those conditions all the time.

      Needless to say, I tried and soon after decided I did not need to do that again; Drove home in frozen dry suit and sat in warm shower for an hour. :-)

      Eddy

      On Oct 29, 2011, at 5:38 AM, "Jack Harrison" <hyqual@...> wrote:

      Maybe using a smaller board and sinking the tail in the water during your jibes helps?

      The only problem I recall when sailing at Indian Creek after the ice melted during a late January thaw, was de-rigging. When I came to shore and put my rig on the beach, it was instantly cover with a thin sheet of ice.

      Jack

      Message 39 of 39 , Nov 1, 2011
        Just got a call from mike coddingham who just crossed the snake on his way home from elko. He said it was blowing like stink. Tumble weeds, low visibility and white caps. He suggests bringing your small kites!

        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

        From: "jwattboi" <jwattboi@...>
        Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2011 17:59:25 -0000
        To: <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: [BSA] LP

        Got the okay to take half a day off. I'll be passing Alby's around 1:45. I plan on heading to the river unless everyone else will be at CJ. I'll be heading home to get gear and van so I've got room if anyone needs a ride or wants to bring a trailer with gear.

        412-1893
        Jason