RE: [snowkiteidaho] Just another day at the Wall

  • Jim Tighe
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 3, 2011

      Gosh that video is almost as good as LP on a good day!  Right???  Makes ya want to go back out and play on the LP waves.  Thanks Chris very inspiring.

      N today was a fun but short day.  The kiters went way up to Beef Butte again.  We weren’t able to get up there but had a nice time anyway with the three of us.  Rusty showed up as we were derigging.  It looked as though it might have picked up a tad n he launched from turners just fine.

      James R. Tighe

      5420 W State St.

      Boise, Idaho 83703

      208-853-3220 Gym; 208-859-1397 Cell

      jim@...

      www.gemstategymnastics.com

      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 4, 2011
        Good numbers today, anyone go up today?. Tomorrow has good #'s as well.

        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

        From: Jim Tighe <jim@...>
        Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 14:56:31 -0600
        To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: RE: [snowkiteidaho] Just another day at the Wall

        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 4, 2011

          what numbers were you looking at????  I see at 3am it blew 20 for 20 min. then nothing.  N tomorrow has 100% heavy rain w/high of 57’, but the 60 hour forecast shows wind in Boise.  I would go but with the rain I don’t want to get wet.  I think this week is a bust.  But the good news is the sleep in thing, only I still get up to check the weather.

          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 4, 2011
            I was looking only at the idaho aviation wx site. I know its not at lp, but has been a really good indicator. My smart phone dosent like the wx underground site.

            Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 4, 2011

              You fly boys get the best toys.  I just go by the Tom Van Alton page and check the 3 pages there.

              1.      Boi – Mt Home- Cald-Spring shore

              2.      Eddy Meter

              3.      60 hr forcast

              That is old fashion but seems to hold true also.

              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 4, 2011
                I don't know about that, this is my electronic leash!

                Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 4, 2011
                  Any hope for wind this weekend?
                  Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

                  Jim Tighe <jim@...> wrote:

                  >what numbers were you looking at???? I see at 3am it blew 20 for 20 min. then nothing. N tomorrow has 100% heavy rain w/high of 57', but the 60 hour forecast shows wind in Boise. I would go but with the rain I don't want to get wet. I think this week is a bust. But the good news is the sleep in thing, only I still get up to check the weather.
                  >
                  >James R. Tighe
                  >Gem State Gymnastics Academy & Tighe Gym Sales
                  >5420 W State St.
                  >Boise, Idaho 83703
                  >208-853-3220 Gym; 208-859-1397 Cell
                  >jim@...
                  >www.gemstategymnastics.com

                • Chris Lee
                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 4, 2011
                    It may blow but it will be very cold!
                    May be better off trying for afternoon wind on Friday.

                    Best regards,
                    Chris Lee

                    Jim Tighe <jim@...> wrote:

                    >what numbers were you looking at???? I see at 3am it blew 20 for 20 min. then nothing. N tomorrow has 100% heavy rain w/high of 57', but the 60 hour forecast shows wind in Boise. I would go but with the rain I don't want to get wet. I think this week is a bust. But the good news is the sleep in thing, only I still get up to check the weather.
                    >
                    >James R. Tighe
                    >Gem State Gymnastics Academy & Tighe Gym Sales
                    >5420 W State St.
                    >Boise, Idaho 83703
                    >208-853-3220 Gym; 208-859-1397 Cell
                    >jim@...
                    >www.gemstategymnastics.com

                  • Chris Lee
                    Message 9 of 14 , Oct 4, 2011
                      Hmm may it just doesn't like all the graphics.
                      Look for the wind direction and the second and third number after that.
                      E.g. ..., ENE, 57, 16.1, 20.3, ...
                      It means blowing ENE (57 degree) with wind at 16.1 mph and gust at 20.3 mph.
                      It's not very readable but you can at least get the "realtime" numbers.

                      Best regards,
                      Chris Lee

                      Message 10 of 14 , Oct 4, 2011
                        Chris,

                        You did a great job getting the Eddy Meter back up and running.  I'm sure the 'reboot every 3 hours' is not ideal in the long run, but the system has been ROCK SOLID!

                        Looks at the numbers right now (Tuesday Night 11:00PM).  Looking good..  And I love the update rate of the readings.  It's might just work tomorrow morning.  And what's all this talk about it raining and getting wet.

                        Geez Jim.... don't we always get wet?!?!?!?

                        :-)

                        Too bad it's not forecast to be warm...