Just another day at the Wall

  • Chris Lee
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 3, 2011
      Love this video: 2.9/3.2 sails and 5 m kites at the Wall back at Aug 31 this year.

      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 3, 2011
        Great vid !!  The guy who made those...Mike Godsey...he has place in La Ventana just 200 yards from my friends' properties, where I stay.  Mike also does the daily forecasts on ikitesurf for  Bay Area and La Ventana in winter...

        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 3, 2011
          Thanks for that Chris , watching those videos gives me renewed enthusiasm for wind surfing , the wall was always my favorite spot to sail . the problem is I so seldom find conditions like that .
          There at home LP this morning was above average , 3 hours at beef butte steady and strong most of the time . Chris L , Bruce , Jim T windsurfing and Jon B , Rusty , and me kiting . this MITE be it for the season at LP  , will we get some after noon wind ?

          To: BoiseSailors@...; snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
          From: chris133@...
          Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 12:09:55 -0600
          Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Just another day at the Wall

          Love this video: 2.9/3.2 sails and 5 m kites at the Wall back at Aug 31 this year.

          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 3, 2011
            I thought I recognized his name....

            -JBrick

            Great vid !!  The guy who made those...Mike Godsey...he has place in La Ventana just 200 yards from my friends' properties, where I stay.  Mike also does the daily forecasts on ikitesurf for  Bay Area and La Ventana in winter...

            On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 12:09 PM, Chris Lee <chris133@...> wrote:

            Love this video: 2.9/3.2 sails and 5 m kites at the Wall back at Aug 31 this year.

          • Jim Tighe
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 3, 2011

              Gosh that video is almost as good as LP on a good day!  Right???  Makes ya want to go back out and play on the LP waves.  Thanks Chris very inspiring.

              N today was a fun but short day.  The kiters went way up to Beef Butte again.  We weren’t able to get up there but had a nice time anyway with the three of us.  Rusty showed up as we were derigging.  It looked as though it might have picked up a tad n he launched from turners just fine.

              James R. Tighe

              5420 W State St.

              Boise, Idaho 83703

              208-853-3220 Gym; 208-859-1397 Cell

              jim@...

              www.gemstategymnastics.com

              Love this video: 2.9/3.2 sails and 5 m kites at the Wall back at Aug 31 this year.

              No virus found in this message.

            • daflyinhawaiian64@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 4, 2011
                Good numbers today, anyone go up today?. Tomorrow has good #'s as well.

                Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                From: Jim Tighe <jim@...>
                Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 14:56:31 -0600
                To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
                ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 4, 2011

                  what numbers were you looking at????  I see at 3am it blew 20 for 20 min. then nothing.  N tomorrow has 100% heavy rain w/high of 57’, but the 60 hour forecast shows wind in Boise.  I would go but with the rain I don’t want to get wet.  I think this week is a bust.  But the good news is the sleep in thing, only I still get up to check the weather.

                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 4, 2011
                    I was looking only at the idaho aviation wx site. I know its not at lp, but has been a really good indicator. My smart phone dosent like the wx underground site.

                    Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                    Message 9 of 14 , Oct 4, 2011

                      You fly boys get the best toys.  I just go by the Tom Van Alton page and check the 3 pages there.

                      1.      Boi – Mt Home- Cald-Spring shore

                      2.      Eddy Meter

                      3.      60 hr forcast

                      That is old fashion but seems to hold true also.

                      Message 10 of 14 , Oct 4, 2011
                        I don't know about that, this is my electronic leash!

                        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                        Message 11 of 14 , Oct 4, 2011
                          Any hope for wind this weekend?
                          Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

                          Jim Tighe <jim@...> wrote:

                          >what numbers were you looking at???? I see at 3am it blew 20 for 20 min. then nothing. N tomorrow has 100% heavy rain w/high of 57', but the 60 hour forecast shows wind in Boise. I would go but with the rain I don't want to get wet. I think this week is a bust. But the good news is the sleep in thing, only I still get up to check the weather.
                          >
                          >James R. Tighe
                          >Gem State Gymnastics Academy & Tighe Gym Sales
                          >5420 W State St.
                          >Boise, Idaho 83703
                          >208-853-3220 Gym; 208-859-1397 Cell
                          >jim@...
                          >www.gemstategymnastics.com

                        • Chris Lee
                          Message 12 of 14 , Oct 4, 2011
                            It may blow but it will be very cold!
                            May be better off trying for afternoon wind on Friday.

                            Best regards,
                            Chris Lee

                            Jim Tighe <jim@...> wrote:

                            >what numbers were you looking at???? I see at 3am it blew 20 for 20 min. then nothing. N tomorrow has 100% heavy rain w/high of 57', but the 60 hour forecast shows wind in Boise. I would go but with the rain I don't want to get wet. I think this week is a bust. But the good news is the sleep in thing, only I still get up to check the weather.
                            >
                            >James R. Tighe
                            >Gem State Gymnastics Academy & Tighe Gym Sales
                            >5420 W State St.
                            >Boise, Idaho 83703
                            >208-853-3220 Gym; 208-859-1397 Cell
                            >jim@...
                            >www.gemstategymnastics.com

                          • Chris Lee
                            Message 13 of 14 , Oct 4, 2011
                              Hmm may it just doesn't like all the graphics.
                              Look for the wind direction and the second and third number after that.
                              E.g. ..., ENE, 57, 16.1, 20.3, ...
                              It means blowing ENE (57 degree) with wind at 16.1 mph and gust at 20.3 mph.
                              It's not very readable but you can at least get the "realtime" numbers.

                              Best regards,
                              Chris Lee

                              Message 14 of 14 , Oct 4, 2011
                                Chris,

                                You did a great job getting the Eddy Meter back up and running.  I'm sure the 'reboot every 3 hours' is not ideal in the long run, but the system has been ROCK SOLID!

                                Looks at the numbers right now (Tuesday Night 11:00PM).  Looking good..  And I love the update rate of the readings.  It's might just work tomorrow morning.  And what's all this talk about it raining and getting wet.

                                Geez Jim.... don't we always get wet?!?!?!?

                                :-)

                                Too bad it's not forecast to be warm...