Re: [BSA] fri lp

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2011
      I watched from VP and Barclay. I had my paraglider but not enough for it at 8:15. There was a convergence flow with W wind in canyon and E wind on lake.  Dead at Barclay, seemed to go straight up.  Really weird. I thought about jumping off at cliff and see if I got lucky to get sucked up to clouds.  Chickened out.

      Shoulda coulda woulda
      Eddy

      On Oct 1, 2011, at 12:41 PM, Jim Tighe <jim@...> wrote:

      Sat lp great swimming weather.  Greg D can attest to that.  Betsy sailed a monster 7.0.  Even with that she slogged more then moved.  But she did plan enough to sucker Greg out.  He actually got the kite in the air.  It dropped right in the middle and he floated all the way to barclay cliffs.  I went out on 7.5 n came back gave it to rookie Justin.  He did great in. That he moved around the lake.  He too ended up at Barclay cliffs.  I sent a boat to get him n greg sailed the rig back to Turners.  Bruce was the wise guy as brought his bike n went up the hill.  Still at 70 degrees it was a great morning.

      STEVE BAKER <sbakerdvm@...> wrote:

      jim, is it looking good for Sat? when should I show up to kite?

      From: jim@...
      To: boisesailors@...; snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 14:10:45 -0600
      Subject: [BSA] fri lp

      Not a wow but a good day on the water.  Chris L first out on 5.6, then Bruce on 5.7 and me on 5.6.  Bill B 1st kiter.  Steve, Jon, Will, Tom C, Rusty and Eddy all joined in.
      I went in to re-rig as I was just working too hard to make the 5.6 work.  The 6.2 was just right.  Kiters went up canyon again so Bill and I tried to follow but it just felt like it was getting light so back we went.  A little gusty, but pretty warm and with beaches coming ou,t hero flat water jybes are real fun.

      While on the beach I found Greg D’s Harness bar.  Gave it to Tom C.. Hope another day for tomorrow.

      James R. Tighe

      5420 W State St.

      Boise, Idaho 83703

      208-853-3220 Gym; 208-859-1397 Cell

      jim@...

      www.gemstategymnastics.com

    • Tom von Alten
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2011
        Woah, Betsy trying a 7.0, I want a picture of that. Talk about
        your artificial lure.

        But after skipping a week's worth of great days, I defied
        the clouds and had a lovely drive up to see the non-day,
        right behind Eddy trying to jackknife his boat on the dam to
        see if the Corps' terrorist response unit would deploy.
        Tom von Alten http://fortboise.org/
        tva@...