Camas – Idaho’s snowkiting paradise

  • jclivejordan
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 18, 2005
      Moderate wind is forecasted in boise and twin falls and 'light wind'
      in Fairfield. Meteorologist Pete Mangionne told me that a 'low' is
      moving in and will break up making winds over 10 mph possible. He
      also said it should snow in Fairfield a few inches on Saturday.

      Maybe the last gasp of winter - I'm inclined make the drive. If
      anyone wants to carpool, call 869-3207 or 939-6033

      As for one of Kiteboarding Magazine's best sites, I did have a great
      day there last Sunday.

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 23, 2005
        Looks like we might have good conditions today.

        Plan on heading up at 2:30.

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 24, 2005
          Wednesday conditions winds 15-22mph and 3-4 inches of heavy wet snow. Steve, Darrel, And Myself played for 3 hrs. At first the snow was very soft and stick making it a workout but as temperatures dropped it firmed up a little and made for some sweet conditions.

          Forecast for today is ok but Friday looks really good, so plan on heading up at 2:30.

          Eddy