New to the group

  • ryanarnold83
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 6, 2006
      Hey guys, my names Ryan, just wondering if anybody in the group is up
      north or if everyone is primarily in the boise area? Im living in
      moscow and coeur d alene and looking to see if anyone was up in my
      area and wanted to go kiting sometime or if anyone has been up this
      direction and done some because im looking for some spots to go.
    • kiteglobe
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 6, 2006
        --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "ryanarnold83" <arno5323@...> wrote:

        > Hey guys, my names Ryan, just wondering if anybody in the group is up
        > north or if everyone is primarily in the boise area? Im living in
        > moscow and coeur d alene and looking to see if anyone was up in my
        > area and wanted to go kiting sometime or if anyone has been up this
        > direction and done some because im looking for some spots to go.

        Hi Ryan. I have a few friends going to law school in Moscow who want to start snowkiting. I
        have a snowkite school in central Idaho but will be making a trip up your way to scope out
        the area and get my friends dialed in. Heard there isn't much to do up your way. Cold, windy
        and snow???? Yeah, I def. think your onto something. If you have kites, go explore and
        maybe you can play host when we come up?
      • ryanarnold83
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 7, 2006
          Yeah, let me know if you ever come up, I have a 9m kite and am ready
          to go whenever i can find someone (which isnt very often around here).
          The problem up here is that we have miles of windy rolling hills but
          everything is privatized farmland which makes it tough to find a spot
          to go. Ill keep searching and see what i can come up with around here
          though.
          Ryan
          --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "kiteglobe" <kiteglobe@...> wrote:

          > --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "ryanarnold83" <arno5323@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hey guys, my names Ryan, just wondering if anybody in the group is up
          > > north or if everyone is primarily in the boise area? Im living in
          > > moscow and coeur d alene and looking to see if anyone was up in my
          > > area and wanted to go kiting sometime or if anyone has been up this
          > > direction and done some because im looking for some spots to go.
          > >
          > Hi Ryan. I have a few friends going to law school in Moscow who
          want to start snowkiting. I
          > have a snowkite school in central Idaho but will be making a trip up
          your way to scope out
          > the area and get my friends dialed in. Heard there isn't much to do
          up your way. Cold, windy
          > and snow???? Yeah, I def. think your onto something. If you have
          kites, go explore and
          > maybe you can play host when we come up?

        • Ryan Wait
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 7, 2006

            hey man my name is ryan waite, i also know the law school boys. Skylar is the one guy up their who is really pumped about the sport. he has flowin the kite alot, but has yet to link the board to the kite.  he wants a kite, but im reluctant to give him one. i pretty sure that he will go to the park and launch it in a storm.(then you would have sky in the sky)  but if there was someone he could partner up with, then i would give him a kite. the area that i would research the most is 6-10 miles south of moscow towards lewiston. to find out about the private Vs. public land, you need to go to the county court house. go to the assessors office and ask to look at an assessors map. this map will show property lines. if you see a tax ID number on a parcel of land then its private, ask the Recorder to look up the legal discription of the land. this will tell you the owners name. from their you find a way to get in contact with them. its a good idea to give the land owner a waiver that says you wont sue it you get hurt on his land.

            anyways those would be the first steps towards, having a kite area in moscow. as long as the snow holds out, i will be coming up, at the end of the christmas break.

            plus if you need kites eddy,monty, and i. all have accounts with kite companies.

            C ya;;; RTW

            From: "ryanarnold83" <arno5323@...>
            To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: New to the group
            Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 16:10:58 -0000

            Yeah, let me know if you ever come up, I have a 9m kite and am ready
            to go whenever i can find someone (which isnt very often around here).
            The problem up here is that we have miles of windy rolling hills but
            everything is privatized farmland which makes it tough to find a spot
            to go. Ill keep searching and see what i can come up with around here
            though.
            Ryan
            --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com, "kiteglobe" <kiteglobe@. ..> wrote:

            > --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com, "ryanarnold83" <arno5323@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hey guys, my names Ryan, just wondering if anybody in the group is up
            > > north or if everyone is primarily in the boise area? Im living in
            > > moscow and coeur d alene and looking to see if anyone was up in my
            > > area and wanted to go kiting sometime or if anyone has been up this
            > > direction and done some because im looking for some spots to go.
            > >
            > Hi Ryan. I have a few friends going to law school in Moscow who
            want to start snowkiting. I
            > have a snowkite school in central Idaho but will be making a trip up
            your way to scope out
            > the area and get my friends dialed in. Heard there isn't much to do
            up your way. Cold, windy
            > and snow???? Yeah, I def. think your onto something. If you have
            kites, go explore and
            > maybe you can play host when we come up?

            View Athlete�s Collections with Live Search
          • ryanarnold83
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 9, 2006
              thanks for the tips on finding a spot around here to go. Feel free to
              give skylar my email (arno5323@...) if he wants to meet up
              sometime, always looking for someone to go out with.
              Ryan