RE: [snowkiteidaho] snow

    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 1, 2006
      probably a little over a foot of base now.

      Headed up this afternoon

      Eddy

      Message 2 of 19 , Dec 2, 2006
        Darrel and I met Steve and Tom up at Camas yesterday for a fun filled session. Winds were 6-14 mph and there were 4 happy boys up there.

        I Broke in my new skis and boots and figured out the Back roll, now all I have to do is throw in a kite loop....Watch out Monty you got "best trick" last year but I'm hot on your tails.

        Snow coverage is still limited to the prairie area on Featherville road, still to much sage and other hazards out everywhere else. I think another foot should open up the entire playgrounds.

        Next few days have SE Flow.  Sunday might work but SE is such a craps shot.

        Eddy

        probably a little over a foot of base now.

        Headed up this afternoon

        Eddy

        does anyone know how deep the snow is up there?

        Freshly addicted.

      • Darrel Thomas
        Message 3 of 19 , Dec 2, 2006
          There WAS a foot, now it has settled out a little.  I would say there was 8" or less.  It's turning into a nice base.

          Message 4 of 19 , Nov 5, 2007
            does anybody know how to check snow depths at skyline? i will be in spanish fork, ut for thanksgiving and im hoping to get some ride time.

            Rtw

          • geardaddy@cableone.net
            Message 5 of 19 , Nov 6, 2007
              Contact Brian and Heather at Windzup.com  they started kiting 2 weeks ago. I think they have a link to snow depth on their website

              I got my 15m Manta in and Darrel got the 13m Frenzy fx ....WOW

              On Tue Nov 6 6:20 , Ryan Wait sent:

              Msg sent via CableONE.net MyMail - http://www.cableone.net

                Message 7 of 19 , Nov 9, 2007

                  Anyone want to fly kites at Columbia Village this afternoon?

                  Message 8 of 19 , Nov 9, 2007
                    what time ?

                    Message 9 of 19 , Nov 9, 2007

                      Darrel has the 13 so I need to contact him.

                      I have the 11m Frenzy FX, 15m Manta II, and  8m Access that we can fly

                      Wind is weird it is now blowing from NW at my house but every where else is saying SE today

                      Later this afternoon is better for me 3ish

                      Message 10 of 19 , Nov 9, 2007

                        Planning on meeting at park around 3 if it is not raining

                        Message 11 of 19 , Jan 16, 2012
                          this could be it , forecast for the Camas
                          Wednesday: Snow. High near 27. South southeast wind between 6 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible
                          Message 12 of 19 , Jan 16, 2012
                            Camas forecast Saturday: Snow showers likely. Cloudy and breezy, with a high near 33. Chance of precipitation is 60% . I'm planning on it if isn't a blizzard

                            From: itile@...
                            To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                            Subject: snow
                            Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 08:23:30 -0700

                            Message 13 of 19 , Jan 17, 2012
                              they say don't count your inches before they fall but 49 " possible by Friday

                              From: itile@...
                              To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                              Subject: RE: snow
                              Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 20:31:57 -0700

                              From: itile@...
                              To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                              Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 08:23:30 -0700

                              this could be it , forecast for the Camas
                              Wednesday: Snow. High near 27. South southeast wind between 6 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible
                            • Jason
                              Message 14 of 19 , Jan 17, 2012
                                49" huh Steve, quite the figure you got there. They say the snow level is going to rise to 6,000 on Thurs so cross your fingers we don't have a repeat of last January's slog-fest!!

                                If this winter doesn't start soon, I'm going base-jumping off the perrine bridge w/out a chute. Grrr!!!

                                JMac

                                Message 15 of 19 , Jan 18, 2012
                                  I don't know about 49" on the Camas, at least it is getting a little whiter...

                                  I have 4.9" at my house right now and it is still falling:-) Heading to CV after lunch

                                  Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
                                  208-863-6966

                                  From: itile@...
                                  To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                  Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 20:31:57 -0700

                                  From: itile@...
                                  To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                  Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 08:23:30 -0700

                                  Message 16 of 19 , Jan 18, 2012
                                    Now through Saturday 50 " possible,  on the low end 41"  all I am doing is adding up the forecasted snow fall for each day on the NOAA site . so you and Eddy want me to be realistic .ya we will be lucky to get more then a foot , but jason hold off till Saturday if we get skunked 'like it rains" then you remember  Thelma and Lousie  , that's you and me buddy .

                                    To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                    From: jmacmatic@...
                                    Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 17:59:31 +0000
                                    Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: snow

                                    Message 17 of 19 , Jan 18, 2012
                                      Tell ya what, if you're right on the 41" claim I'll buy the beer for our post-snorkel-POWDER Kite session.

                                      Bring on the snow....and the beer!