Re: [snowkiteidaho] How did you all know?

    Message 1 of 25 , Aug 24, 2011
      Grassy area is huge so no real tent limit

      Eddy

      On Aug 24, 2011, at 6:23 PM, daflyinhawaiian64@... wrote:

      Coolieo I told JWatts that they could set up camp in our site.

      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

      From: Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...>
      Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 17:49:24 -0600
      Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] How did you all know?

      Ok site 17 is yours Friday-Sunday.

      We are hitting road Friday after morning sesh at LP.

      Eddy

      On Aug 24, 2011, at 5:32 PM, daflyinhawaiian64@... wrote:

      We will take an rv spot.

      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

      From: Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...>
      Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 12:32:35 -0600

      Saturday looks good 11-6.
      Sunday should be good.
      Friday not good.
      Thursday good.

      Let me know if you want site 17 or I'm letting reservation go

      Eddy

      On Aug 24, 2011, at 12:12 PM, daflyinhawaiian64@... wrote:

      What's the forecast for american falls looking like?

      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

      From: Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...>
      Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 18:45:42 -0600

      Thanks Calvin for hitting send.

      Anyway I'll try again.  Any evening that is setting up for perfect paragliding at the Crow aka the place we can't go anymore. The next day is usually good kiting.

      Go look at the numbers now and watch them until 10. The shift should start to happen at 9. East in the morning.

      Eddy

      On Aug 23, 2011, at 6:10 PM, steve linane <itile@...> wrote:

      Will
      No one mentioned my favorite sit Idaho Aviation Weather , I believe its the easiest and the best prognosticating tool .
       http://usairnet.com/cgi-bin/launch/code.cgi?sta=KBOI&model=avn&state=ID&Submit=Get+Forecast
      you get three days at a glance , look at tomorrow its a good example of a classic MORNING WIND the only thing a little suspect inthe forecast is for a low of 66 if it stays to warm it can be a light wind morning , but what you are looking for is the wind to switch at midnight to south east and not to switch back till 9:00 , if it switches at 6;00 not a good sign if it switches at 12;00 good news . it will blow till 10;00 or longer . But the Eddy meter is the final word I like to see 15 g20 and I want to see a high wind history starting at 2 or 3 that night , but there is always those lat starts but that's rare .
      Steve-O

      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      From: will.hise@...
      Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 10:21:01 -0600

      Thanks everyone! I really appreciate it!

      I woke up, looked over the sensors and they looked very similar to the last few days. The Barclay Bay sensor didn't look all that different from the last few days to my bleary eyes. Looked a little lighter, but since yesterday I could have been on a 9m, I figured that was ok.

      Thanks for the WindAlert links Brian. I had been looking for something on windalert and somehow didn't find them.

      The drive for me is a bit long especially if I get stuck behind people who follow all the speed limits. My patience when driving to kite is admittedly thin (I'm working on this patience thing) and turning around to head right back home doesn't help. I am used to the hopeful drive from San Diego, but it was mid-afternoon after I'd had my coffee, and a missed session still meant I could surf or check out some bikini's.

      Still adjusting...

      Since I have all your attention, there was a point yesterday where I need to head in to get to work, but there wasn't anyone on the beach. I'm quite used to self landing but on much bigger beaches with less vertical land mines. What's your best practice? Slam it down in the corner where we drop our boards? Aim behind the windsurfers hut in the shadow? or land to the right where we launch? I'd almost be more comfortable landing in the boat launch cement than that beach! None seemed like a good idea, but there has to be a first person in, right?

      Thanks!
      --Will

      On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 7:46 AM, Jon Bolt <idakiteman@...> wrote:

      1)  The "Barclay Bay weather station" link on first line shows only 10-15mph all morning...that's a direct, realtime measure...best we have.  But if that station were down, then we'd use the other indirect evidence:
      2)  Wind directions at Mountain Home & Caldwell are westerly...that's bad....you wanna see south or east.
      3)  Wind history @ Boise airport overnight shows it never switched over to S or SE flow, and recent readings are CALM...no wind.
      4)  LP RAWS link (as station much farther up the reservoir closer to Spring Shores) shows wind speed low double digits...we like to see low side closer to 15 and gust near 20 or better
      5)  The three wind forecast links to right of the sunrise/sunset graph have been predicting poor chance of wind this morning (...but tomorrow should be good)

      On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 7:27 AM, Will Hise <will.hise@...> wrote:

      Ok Teach, how did you all know? Why am I the only one sitting out here looking at an empty bay? Which tiny clue did I obviously miss?

      Driving around Idaho at 30mph is really not my favorite AM pasttime, so please school me up.

      Thanks.

      --Will