Lp

  • Jim Tighe
    Message 1 of 26 , Aug 19 6:54 AM
      The lake is flat, flat, flat. But a good day to teach a beginner. Maybe tomorrow
      James R. Tighe
    • Jim Tighe
      Message 2 of 26 , Nov 1, 2011
        Would love to car pool but I have the trailer.  Bruce is meeting. Me at cj.  Hope to c u there.

        Jason Watt <jwattboi@...> wrote:

        Jim, I'm just heading out if you want a ride to cj.

        On Nov 1, 2011, at 13:34, Jim Tighe <jim@...> wrote:

        Did anyone take a look @LP before heading south????
        James R. Tighe

        No virus found in this message.

      • Jim Tighe
        Message 3 of 26 , Nov 1, 2011
          Did anyone take a look @LP before heading south????
          James R. Tighe
        • Jason Watt

              Message 6 of 26 , Sep 5, 2012
                It looks iffy. But I have a new CD book so I will head up. Will call out if it's ripping.
              • Jim Tighe
                Message 7 of 26 , Sep 5, 2012
                  One kite, Tony? on water n one larry paddle boarding. Lots of birds fishing. Looks to be a min of 7.5 sail, no white caps showing up. The black n white kite is dipping up n down quite a bit then steady's out. He is up to the overlook now still working the kite. Jon b just pulled in. Not a lot but maybe???
                • robbnukebruce
                  Message 8 of 26 , Sep 5, 2012
                    Thanks, Jim..I'll save it for tomorrow.

                    Bruce

                    Message 9 of 26 , Sep 5, 2012
                      Tony just got off the water. Claims its blowing 20 in the channel. Jon B is setting up his kite trying to shame me into joining him. It really is looking OK so I guess I'm here might as well. Might get in some noodling!
                    • tony williams
                      Message 10 of 26 , Sep 5, 2012
                        On the 13m and small board and fully lit.  It was a really good day and I even had to depower the kite for 30 min when it was blowing mid 20's.  Definately stronger then what the meter was saying.  Was fun having the lake to myself. Not even any windsurfers to lookout for.  Had such a good time I stayed a little longer then usual and got to work a bit late, but it was worth it.  Water level dropping fast, get it while you can.

                        Message 11 of 26 , Sep 5, 2012
                          Good looking weekend hope fully level is still suffice to use Barclay Beach.

                          Eddy

                          Message 12 of 26 , Sep 20, 2012
                            Larry was paddle boarding n Bruce was sailing nicely powered up when I arrived. So I hustled n rigged, big of course as it always gets lighter. Eddy powered out of Turners but that was all the powering he did. As I got on the waterit was already on the downward slide. Sailed until both eddy n Bruce left the water. Had an equipment malfunction , foot strap screw came out so decided that was an omen to get off. Caught a surge all the way into Barclays by the water pipe.nice beach.
                            Jon bolt showed up but he is still nursing a cold n thought better of the light wind. Eddy was on his 17 m n was just ok. Good call Jon . Still it was fun. Maybe better tomorrow !

                            Sent from my iPad
                            Jim Tighe
                            GSGA/TGS
                          • Jim Tighe
                            Message 13 of 26 , May 27, 2013

                              Drove up to lp this morning about 7:30.  Very pretty drive but absolutely zero wind.  Happy Memorial Day to all.  Hope to see many this wed at our house for the springmeeting bbq.  Jim

                              Jim Tighe  GSGA & Tighe Gym Sales

                            • Jim Tighe
                              Message 14 of 26 , Jun 2, 2013

                                From what the meter reads it is blowing nw which is really see???? Still 20's r good any direction so I am leaving house now. Cu all there

                              • Jim Tighe
                                Message 15 of 26 , Aug 28 8:10 AM

                                  The lake just didn't happen. The meter was pretty spot on. Not very consistent. OK at time s but big lulls. Watched for a bit listened to my book. Lots of cars at 7 & schools in . watch the zones.

                                • Jim Tighe
                                  Message 16 of 26 , Aug 31 5:42 AM

                                    Wow could be a fantastic day.   A jump jim day, ,,, not.

                                    Message 17 of 26 , Nov 12, 2013

                                      Great sunrise. Anyone heading up? How's it look near the lake, Stepheno?

                                    • RUSTY HILL
                                      Message 18 of 26 , Nov 12, 2013
                                        So I stumbled upon this video this evening…I thought this might get the snow kiting excitement going.  I feel like I trust my gear, but not as much as this guy. Take a look

                                        RUSTY HILL
                                        rustyshill@...

                                          Message 20 of 26 , Nov 12, 2013
                                            jez... get a paraglider! I would not do that with only 4 lines.

                                            I wonder if he had a parachute. Or maybe he didn't mean to go that high?

                                                Message 23 of 26 , Sep 16, 2014

                                                  I arrived at the lake about 7:35 waited around till 8 t then sadly drove home. Add it did not look very promising. Should have waited about 15 more minutes as it looks like it kicked in.  But my wife will feel better that I didn't sail alone. Sissy

                                                • Gregory Danley
                                                  Message 24 of 26 , Sep 16, 2014
                                                    The thunder and lightning kept me away.

                                                    Sent from my iPhone

                                                    Message 25 of 26 , Dec 11, 2014

                                                      Going up now

                                                    • Jim Tighe
                                                      Message 26 of 26 , Dec 11, 2014

                                                        10~17 mph. It's coming in big gusts.well not really big, wait the whole lake just filled in average up too 18. White caps all across......
                                                        Well that died again.  That was a5 minutes gust.  Back to 12 average.  At least I picked up the power pack.
                                                        Hope the crew at cj have better luck 60 degrees here at l.p.