SE flow is back...

  • geardaddyllc
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 16, 2011
      This morning was a slow start but it filled in real nice by 8:30, enough for 6 kiters and 1 poleboarder. I worked it for 45 mins or so, before the rest of crew made it out, they all had rigging issues or something, even though they had the beach clutter with rigged kites the entire morning ;-0.

      The rest of this week looks real promising, but the weekend does not. It will probably get real smokey over the next few days so wear your respirators.

      C Ya tomorrow,
      Eddy

      --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Chris Lee <chris133@...> wrote:

      > Looks like SE flow may be back for the next few days. It could happen as
      > early as tomorrow morning for a session up in LP. It's worth checking the
      > meter...
      >
      > --
      > Best regards,
      >
      > Chris Lee

    • Jim shultz
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 16, 2011
        And the rest of the story is.....It was indeed a worthwhile morning, however we stayed out a little bit too long...or at least I did!  I ended up watching a couple of kiters struggling with light an flukey winds at the barclay launch, one about wrapping their kite around a catamaran mast (not the kiters fault!) and another barely slogging in, and made the decision to abort to the spillway (I was too far downwind at that point and didn't see the wind coming back).  Made it there with kite flying and on the board and managed to set the kite down nice and soft on the "beach" there.  Another kiter made the same decision and we both survived with gear and bodies intact.  Thanks to Mark(?) and Eddie for "breaking the ice" and luring the rest of us out!  It was worth it!

        Jim S.