New member

  • Mike Cottingham
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 30, 2011
      I just moved back to Boise.  Understand this is the way to communicate with other kiters in the valley.

      Mike Cottingham
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 30, 2011
        Hi Mike...yeah subscribe to these groups too:

        "Boise Sailors Association" <BoiseSailors@...>,

        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 31, 2011
          Mike

          Welcome back.  Only rule on this group is no spamming group with business sales, or buh bye. Same goes for Boise Sailors Association, well its not a rule but should be. Otherwise our groups would be another NW Kite forum and loose its appeal.

          Kitesurfing Lucky Peak this morning, usually it does not blow if it is wind but it is this morning.

        • daflyinhawaiian64@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 31, 2011
            Hey Mike!

            Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

            From: Mike Cottingham <macingham13@...>
            Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 18:50:38 -0700 (PDT)
            To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
            ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: [snowkiteidaho] New member

            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 31, 2011
              Looks like a smooth day this am

              Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

              From: Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...>
              Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 06:13:30 -0600
              To: <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
              ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
              Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] New member

              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 31, 2011
                Smooth...it was not. Very holey this am.

                Eddy

                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 31, 2011
                  Got it, no problem.  I hear you rent SUP boards.  Greg and I and another friend are trying to figure out a date we all can rent boards and try it.  Is taking a lesson necessary?  None of us have ever done it.

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 31, 2011
                    I'm guessing daflyinhawaiian64 is Greg?  If I'm right you must be Polynesian?  Grew up in Hawaii?  This would explain the impressive board skills.

                    Right now I'm in Garden Valley at my parents house.  I'll be back late afternoon Monday.  Was going to try (emphasizing the word "try") to kite Tuesday more.  Are you kiting this Sunday morning, then flying this afternoon?

                    Message 9 of 14 , Jul 31, 2011
                      Mike,

                      I do not rent SUP Boards, I only teach and sell Snow/Water kite gear.  I do have one you can try, but it is an inflatable model.  Great for portability but limited in performance; still the same great work out , maybe even better since it flexes and it works the core a bit more. Hard shell are a little easier and faster.

                      Idaho River Sports offers a great program on SUP gear. Say "Hi" to Jo for me,  see you on the water soon.

                      Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
                      208-863-6966

                      Message 10 of 14 , Jul 31, 2011
                        These guys rent SUPS and give lessons; fellow kiters too:

                        http://www.sawtoothsup.com/

                        Message 11 of 14 , Jul 31, 2011
                          Yep! Flying this am none this pm. Movie with the fam. "Buck" about a horse whisperer. Girls luv horses! Have you talked to Rob Russell about sup date?

                          Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                          Message 12 of 14 , Aug 2, 2011
                            My truck broke down Sunday on the way up to garden valley.  I'm back in Boise, but the truck is in the shop.  So no wheels for getting to LP.  Hopefully this afternoon I'll get it back.  I go back to work tomorrow.
                            Rob said he is flying all today.  So I will have to organize a day we all can get together to do SUP when I get back from Elko.  Rob said he has done SUP before and really wants to get into it.

                            Mike

                            Message 13 of 14 , Aug 2, 2011
                              That sucks! What's wrong; wait I bet it was the fuel pump. It would have been a great day for your 15m. Mostly steady with a few hole to keep one honest. Wondered where you were at. Good chance I'll be on a pop up trip tomorrow so may not be out there. Robs schedule is the wild card for sup. Was he at all interested in the idea?

                              Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                              Message 14 of 14 , Aug 2, 2011
                                it came back up after you guy left and blow till 11;30 Mike Stone and I took the SUPs out .  went up pass the point and did a down winder . off the water at noon , wind was pretty well dun by then
                                Steve-O

                                To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                From: daflyinhawaiian64@...
                                Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 17:14:49 +0000