Re: [snowkiteidaho] LP Accident

    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 29, 2011
      Rusty

      I grabbed your monster feet sandals thinking they belonged to J. I also grabbed a XXXL vest. Was that yours too? ;-)

      J update... He is at home, a little groggy but checking Internet for tomorrows wind.  Addict!!!!

      Eddy

      On Jul 29, 2011, at 3:10 PM, Rusty Hill <rustyshill@...> wrote:

      I'm glad to hear that J is doing okay and hope that he's able to be back out on the water soon.

      on a side note... I put my sandals by the sign, near where all the kite bags and pumps were and when I came back in they were gone. I'm sure someone grabbed them on accident, but whomever has them if you could just bring them up tomorrow morning that would be great. They are brown Sanuk flip flops. Thanks!

      Rusty

      On 7/29/2011 2:46 PM, Jon Bolt wrote:

      > So relieved to hear Jay is OK !!! Dock looks to have suffered more
      > damage than Jay !
      >
      > HELMET FOR SURE....and consider IMPACT VEST TOO ! Really PUNCHY
      > wind conditions today and worse in the hole around Barclay. I
      > suspect the unusually erratic wind played a role in the ordeal. Can't
      > predict mother nature, but can protect yourself for the surprises!
      >
      > On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 1:27 PM, geardaddyllc
      > <geardaddyllc@... <mailto:geardaddyllc@...>> wrote:
      >

      > This morning there was a little accident at the peak. Fortunately
      > all is well.
      >
      > J Jordan was making his final approach to the Beach and something
      > went wrong, there are no first hand accounts of what actually took
      > place except J doing a helmet-less Header into the dock and knocking
      > himself out cold. His kite did a little dance with the main shelter
      > which stopped it and due to the quick reactions of many friends on
      > the beach J is around to give thanks later. J was brought to St. Als
      > to get inspected and news as of right now he suffered a pretty good
      > concussion.
      >
      > After J's impact he laid face down in the water, but because he was
      > not kiting alone and the super fast reaction of people on beach he
      > did not inhale any water.
      >
      > Good thing J is a tough ole boy.
      >
      > Accidents happen...Where is your helmet??? I just located mine.
      >
      > Eddy
      >
      > Besides J's little dance it was a great morning at LP and tomorrow
      > looks good too, wind was still blowing at 11am. I miss the smooth
      > winds of AFR.

    • Rusty Hill
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 29, 2011
        Thanks for the update Eddy! And thanks for stealing my sandals! See you in the morning
        Rusty

        On 7/29/2011 4:04 PM, Gear Daddy LLC wrote:
        Rusty

        I grabbed your monster feet sandals thinking they belonged to J. I also grabbed a XXXL vest. Was that yours too? ;-)

        J update... He is at home, a little groggy but checking Internet for tomorrows wind.  Addict!!!!

        Eddy

        On Jul 29, 2011, at 3:10 PM, Rusty Hill <rustyshill@...> wrote:

        I'm glad to hear that J is doing okay and hope that he's able to be back out on the water soon.

        on a side note... I put my sandals by the sign, near where all the kite bags and pumps were and when I came back in they were gone. I'm sure someone grabbed them on accident, but whomever has them if you could just bring them up tomorrow morning that would be great. They are brown Sanuk flip flops. Thanks!

        Rusty

        On 7/29/2011 2:46 PM, Jon Bolt wrote:

        > So relieved to hear Jay is OK !!! Dock looks to have suffered more
        > damage than Jay !
        >
        > HELMET FOR SURE....and consider IMPACT VEST TOO ! Really PUNCHY
        > wind conditions today and worse in the hole around Barclay. I
        > suspect the unusually erratic wind played a role in the ordeal. Can't
        > predict mother nature, but can protect yourself for the surprises!
        >
        > On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 1:27 PM, geardaddyllc
        > <geardaddyllc@... <mailto:geardaddyllc@...>> wrote:
        >

        > This morning there was a little accident at the peak. Fortunately
        > all is well.
        >
        > J Jordan was making his final approach to the Beach and something
        > went wrong, there are no first hand accounts of what actually took
        > place except J doing a helmet-less Header into the dock and knocking
        > himself out cold. His kite did a little dance with the main shelter
        > which stopped it and due to the quick reactions of many friends on
        > the beach J is around to give thanks later. J was brought to St. Als
        > to get inspected and news as of right now he suffered a pretty good
        > concussion.
        >
        > After J's impact he laid face down in the water, but because he was
        > not kiting alone and the super fast reaction of people on beach he
        > did not inhale any water.
        >
        > Good thing J is a tough ole boy.
        >
        > Accidents happen...Where is your helmet??? I just located mine.
        >
        > Eddy
        >
        > Besides J's little dance it was a great morning at LP and tomorrow
        > looks good too, wind was still blowing at 11am. I miss the smooth
        > winds of AFR.

      • j clive
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 29, 2011
          Thanks for saving my life.
          Iwont be kiting for at lease a few weeks and I WILL only and always use a helmet from now on..

          It was a great session until the incident

          --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Chris Lee <chris133@...> wrote:

          > Glad to hear J is ok!
          >
          > Today has some pretty strong gusts. I was too anxious to get on the water and forgot to put on my helmet. I sure wished I had it while I was out.
          >
          > Best regards,
          > Chris Lee
          >
          > On Jul 29, 2011, at 3:10 PM, Rusty Hill <rustyshill@...> wrote:
          >
          > > I'm glad to hear that J is doing okay and hope that he's able to be back out on the water soon.
          > >
          > > on a side note... I put my sandals by the sign, near where all the kite bags and pumps were and when I came back in they were gone. I'm sure someone grabbed them on accident, but whomever has them if you could just bring them up tomorrow morning that would be great. They are brown Sanuk flip flops. Thanks!
          > >
          > > Rusty
          > >
          > > On 7/29/2011 2:46 PM, Jon Bolt wrote:
          > > >

          > > > So relieved to hear Jay is OK !!! Dock looks to have suffered
          > > more
          > >
          > > > damage than Jay !
          > >

          > > > HELMET FOR SURE....and consider IMPACT VEST TOO ! Really
          > > PUNCHY
          > >
          > > > wind conditions today and worse in the hole around Barclay. I
          > >
          > > > suspect the unusually erratic wind played a role in the
          > > ordeal. Can't
          > >
          > > > predict mother nature, but can protect yourself for the
          > > surprises!
          > >

          > > > On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 1:27 PM, geardaddyllc
          > >
          > > > <geardaddyllc@...
          > > <mailto:geardaddyllc@...>> wrote:
          > >

          > > > This morning there was a little accident at the peak.
          > > Fortunately
          > >
          > > > all is well.
          > >

          > > > J Jordan was making his final approach to the Beach and
          > > something
          > >
          > > > went wrong, there are no first hand accounts of what actually
          > > took
          > >
          > > > place except J doing a helmet-less Header into the dock and
          > > knocking
          > >
          > > > himself out cold. His kite did a little dance with the main
          > > shelter
          > >
          > > > which stopped it and due to the quick reactions of many
          > > friends on
          > >
          > > > the beach J is around to give thanks later. J was brought to
          > > St. Als
          > >
          > > > to get inspected and news as of right now he suffered a
          > > pretty good
          > >
          > > > concussion.
          > >

          > > > After J's impact he laid face down in the water, but because
          > > he was
          > >
          > > > not kiting alone and the super fast reaction of people on
          > > beach he
          > >
          > > > did not inhale any water.
          > >

          > > > Good thing J is a tough ole boy.
          > >

          > > > Accidents happen...Where is your helmet??? I just located
          > > mine.
          > >

          > > > Eddy
          > >

          > > > Besides J's little dance it was a great morning at LP and
          > > tomorrow
          > >
          > > > looks good too, wind was still blowing at 11am. I miss the
          > > smooth
          > >
          > > > winds of AFR.

        • Jim Tighe
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 29, 2011
            J; I'm glad to hear u r ok.  U gave us a scare.  Come out n let us all say hey.  Taking some time to heal before u head back on the water is a good move.  Jim T

          • Jim shultz
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 29, 2011

              Glad to hear all is well.  Hats off to those responsible for a rapid response.