Help Just moved to Boise and am in kite withdrawl.

  • tonyswilliams
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 13, 2006
      It has been months since I have been airborne and need to know about
      the Idaho kite scene. Where, when and what is the best shop for
      equipment? I have a million questions as I have never kited on snow
      but have been kiting on water for over 4 years. Hope to get set up
      with snow equipment soon but not sure what kite sizes work in the
      area. I have existing snowboard and skis and such but not sure what is
      particular for snowkiting. I also have a vest and a seat harness.
      Anyway, if you could tell me who is the local guru I will try and get
      all my questions answered. Thanks
    • Darrel Thomas
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 14, 2006
        Welcome to the best snowkitie playground in the world! (Just don't tell.)

        We have no shops, just a community.  Eddy P., AKA geardaddy sells kites and gear and can usually get pretty good deals.  Monty is setting up a base of operations in Fairfield this winter.  Not sure what he will have for sale.  I have a 14m 06 frenzy that I am looking to sell.  Just waiting for the season to get rolling before I ebay it, but I'd rather keep it in town.

        If you can kite on water, snow will be cake.

        Call and we'll talk kites etc.

        Darrel
        484-6766

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 14, 2006
          Thanks Darrel for the reply.
          Good to know that people are friendly and willing to
          help. I will be in the kite shopping mode in about a
          month after I have secured permenant location and
          purchased a few un-neccessary things (table, couch
          etc). What size kite do you use most often and what
          weight are you? Also do you use a board or skis?
          Anyway, thanks again and I will be in touch as I am
          definately a kite addict.
          Cheers
          Tony Williams

          --- Darrel Thomas <darrelthomas@...> wrote:

          > Welcome to the best snowkitie playground in the
          > world! (Just don't tell.)
          >
          > We have no shops, just a community. Eddy P., AKA
          > geardaddy sells kites and gear and can usually get
          > pretty good deals. Monty is setting up a base of
          > operations in Fairfield this winter. Not sure what
          > he will have for sale. I have a 14m 06 frenzy that
          > I am looking to sell. Just waiting for the season
          > to get rolling before I ebay it, but I'd rather keep
          > it in town.
          >
          > If you can kite on water, snow will be cake.
          >
          > Call and we'll talk kites etc.
          >
          > Darrel
          > 484-6766

          Yahoo! Music Unlimited
          Access over 1 million songs.
          http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 16, 2006
            Tony,

            Welcome to the Group. I started this group mostly to keep everyone informed on when and where we would be heading to kite. Also whenever I get really special kite deals I list them here. I mostly specialize in Ozone snowkites and water kites, but can get anything out there. Let me know what you have or looking for if you need help picking any kites for season. Are local areas are vast and starting to fill up with the white stuff. I was out of town and missed the first trip of season. Darrel has been rubbing it in that he got to go before me...  I still have a couple 12m Naish Element snowkites left for $550.

            Anyway welcome to the group hope to see you on the snow.
            Eddy

            Gear Daddy LLC
            Eddy Petranek
            3256 E. Red Stone Dr.
            Boise, ID 83712
            geardaddy@...
            (208) 863-6966

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 18, 2006
              Sunday looks like it will be windy and warm so I will be ready to demo the new Naish Elements if anyone is interested. Darrel and Hawk bring you rmtn boards. Demo at Columbia village or hill road soccer complex.

              Eddy

              Gear Daddy LLC
              Eddy Petranek
              3256 E. Red Stone Dr.
              Boise, ID 83712
              geardaddy@...
              (208) 863-6966

              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 19, 2006
                11:30 am -1pm at Columbia Village

                3pm at Hill road Soccer fields

                Eddy
                863-6966

                Sunday looks like it will be windy and warm so I will be ready to demo the new Naish Elements if anyone is interested. Darrel and Hawk bring you rmtn boards. Demo at Columbia village or hill road soccer complex.

                Eddy

                Gear Daddy LLC
                Eddy Petranek
                3256 E. Red Stone Dr.
                Boise, ID 83712
                geardaddy@cableone. net
                (208) 863-6966

              • hawkicd11
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 19, 2006
                  I will be there....

                  --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Gear Daddy, LLC"
                  <geardaddy@...> wrote:

                  > 11:30 am -1pm at Columbia Village
                  >
                  > 3pm at Hill road Soccer fields
                  >
                  > Eddy
                  > 863-6966
                  >
                  > _____

                  s=97359714/grpId=14092643/grpspId=1705065786/msgI