Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: [BSA] Triathlon tomorrow morning at Barclay Bay???

    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 8 3:12 PM
      Also if you screw up and can't launch or land, you'll drift right thru swim course.

      Eddy

      On Jul 8, 2011, at 4:02 PM, David Jakious <davidjakious@...> wrote:

      Would the hike to Brickner Beach still be an option this time of year?  Never launched there, but I'm not going to risk VP.

      On Jul 8, 2011, at 3:48 PM, Jon Bolt <idakiteman@...> wrote:

      Eddy, any idea what time they'll close Barclay?  Maybe we could get there early enough and launch before it's closed off...?

      On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 3:44 PM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

      It is an ugly drift launch, as long as kite does not tumble or other bad things. I don't want to find out what I'd have to do if it goes bad.

      Landing is pretty trick and easy if you can thread a needle and nail the drop point. Otherwise self rescue.

      Put it this way my wife said "I'll wait until Sunday, even though tomorrow will be stellar due to the race screwing us up!"

      I'll be there at 7 if you want to see a technique.

      Eddy

      On Jul 8, 2011, at 3:09 PM, David Jakious <davidjakious@...> wrote:

      Is that a challenging launch/land?  I can't imagine it would be for the lesser skilled.

      On Jul 8, 2011, at 2:30 PM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

      Super secret.  View point launch.

      Eddy

      On Jul 8, 2011, at 2:09 PM, Josh Woodland <woodland.josh@...> wrote:

      What's the VP?

      On Jul 8, 2011 1:36 PM, "Gear Daddy LLC" <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

      Barclay will be closed.

      Turner is open.

      I'm launching the VP. If windy

      Eddy

      Assuming it blows and assuming no one stops me, I plan to launch at Turner and just stay up-canyon. I certainly don't want to sail over where 200 people are swimming - though my friend said he'd draft off my board if he can. : )

      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 8 3:26 PM
        Ah, I see...I suppose could getup early 5pm and make it out of Barclay before the place is close off, but it's the coming back into Barclay that'd be bigger problem.  I supposed could exit at Turner.  Think I'll wait until Sunday.

        Eddy, just setup on top of overlook & take a leap & glide on down !!!

        Jon

        On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 4:08 PM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

        Coast guard and sheriff will not allow our activity.  Closed 6-12

        Eddy

        On Jul 8, 2011, at 3:48 PM, Jon Bolt <idakiteman@...> wrote:

        Eddy, any idea what time they'll close Barclay?  Maybe we could get there early enough and launch before it's closed off...?

        On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 3:44 PM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

        It is an ugly drift launch, as long as kite does not tumble or other bad things. I don't want to find out what I'd have to do if it goes bad.

        Landing is pretty trick and easy if you can thread a needle and nail the drop point. Otherwise self rescue.

        Put it this way my wife said "I'll wait until Sunday, even though tomorrow will be stellar due to the race screwing us up!"

        I'll be there at 7 if you want to see a technique.

        Eddy

        On Jul 8, 2011, at 3:09 PM, David Jakious <davidjakious@...> wrote:

        Is that a challenging launch/land?  I can't imagine it would be for the lesser skilled.

        On Jul 8, 2011, at 2:30 PM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

        Super secret.  View point launch.

        Eddy

        On Jul 8, 2011, at 2:09 PM, Josh Woodland <woodland.josh@...> wrote:

        What's the VP?

        On Jul 8, 2011 1:36 PM, "Gear Daddy LLC" <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

        Barclay will be closed.

        Turner is open.

        I'm launching the VP. If windy

        Eddy

        On Jul 8, 2011, at 12:37 PM, Betsy Russell <bzrussell@...> wrote:

        Assuming it blows and assuming no one stops me, I plan to launch at Turner and just stay up-canyon. I certainly don't want to sail over where 200 people are swimming - though my friend said he'd draft off my board if he can. : )

        > On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 12:40 PM, Jim Tighe <jim@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> since Bar...

      • David Jakious
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 8 3:27 PM
          I'll wait to Sunday!  Not worth the risk to access for everyone else if something goes wrong.

          On Jul 8, 2011, at 4:12 PM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

          Also if you screw up and can't launch or land, you'll drift right thru swim course.

          Eddy

          On Jul 8, 2011, at 4:02 PM, David Jakious <davidjakious@...> wrote:

          Would the hike to Brickner Beach still be an option this time of year?  Never launched there, but I'm not going to risk VP.

          On Jul 8, 2011, at 3:48 PM, Jon Bolt <idakiteman@...> wrote:

          Eddy, any idea what time they'll close Barclay?  Maybe we could get there early enough and launch before it's closed off...?

          On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 3:44 PM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

          It is an ugly drift launch, as long as kite does not tumble or other bad things. I don't want to find out what I'd have to do if it goes bad.

          Landing is pretty trick and easy if you can thread a needle and nail the drop point. Otherwise self rescue.

          Put it this way my wife said "I'll wait until Sunday, even though tomorrow will be stellar due to the race screwing us up!"

          I'll be there at 7 if you want to see a technique.

          Eddy

          On Jul 8, 2011, at 3:09 PM, David Jakious <davidjakious@...> wrote:

          Is that a challenging launch/land?  I can't imagine it would be for the lesser skilled.

          On Jul 8, 2011, at 2:30 PM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

          Super secret.  View point launch.

          Eddy

          On Jul 8, 2011, at 2:09 PM, Josh Woodland <woodland.josh@...> wrote:

          What's the VP?

          On Jul 8, 2011 1:36 PM, "Gear Daddy LLC" <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

          Barclay will be closed.

          Turner is open.

          I'm launching the VP. If windy

          Eddy

          On Jul 8, 2011, at 12:37 PM, Betsy Russell <bzrussell@...> wrote:

          Assuming it blows and assuming no one stops me, I plan to launch at Turner and just stay up-canyon. I certainly don't want to sail over where 200 people are swimming - though my friend said he'd draft off my board if he can. : )

          > On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 12:40 PM, Jim Tighe <jim@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> since Bar...

        • Jim Tighe
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 8 3:34 PM

            Are you saying the Coast Guard and LP will not let us park in Barclay lot before 6 and launch?  Sailboards could launch from the lookout but early out would be nice.

            James R. Tighe

            5420 W State St.

            Boise, Idaho 83703

            208-853-3220 Gym; 208-859-1397 Cell