Wed. AM....

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6 10:32 AM
      On the water 7am w/ Eddy & Tony...like the last couple kitable days of light wind/big kite, hunting for beef amid the holes.  Bruce tried awhile on his windsurfer.  Eddy & Tony came back in within ~ 45 min?, then me shortly after...seemed to be fading & fickle for landing but Tom C. still playing upwind.....

      ...then the Kerr's showed up (Brian & Garrett) bringing  amazing wind turnaround with 'em.  In minutes the lake turned on: whitecaps galore & filled in everywhere.  I went back out...coulda been on 12m (like Garrett) but stayed w/ 14.  Another hour of playing in best wind of past 3 sailable days.  Kerr's & I depart around 10AM...
    • Jim shultz
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6 6:59 PM

        Well, gorge forecasting has been off, which has been a good thing!  No wind forecast for today turned into a very beefy 7m day.  The launch/land at the spit is complete nuttiness.  Limited space to set up, fickle wind and literally 80 plus kites stacked everywhere, an air traffic controller is needed to clear for takeoff and landing.  One out of five launches provides drama, about the same for landings.  Hopefully the water recedes soon.  It is still awesome wind with spectacular swell by the ws bridge!  Good times!

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 6 7:47 PM
          Jim you hit it right 7m in the forecast till Saturday , you could head out east to avoid the crowds

          To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com