Re: Shipping SUP from Maui to Boise

  • Jason
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 5, 2011
      Try a freight forwarder, they book the cargo space on planes directly and have good rates for such oversized shipments.

      I use Pilot Air for my company's pallet orders, their num is 362.8010.

      JMac

      --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Chris Lee <chris133@...> wrote:

      > Anyone know how to shipp a 10'4" SUP from Maui to Boise?
      >
      > I got a 10'4" Elua Makani SUP in Maui and trying to figure out how to get it
      > back to Boise. Both UA and UPS website said the max length is 109" and 108"
      > respectively. :-(
      >
      > --
      > Best regards,
      >
      > Chris Lee

    • Mark
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 5, 2011
        Oops it is DHX not DHL, They do Hawaii to your door or to oakland or portland,
        mark
        --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Chris Lee <chris133@...> wrote:

        > Anyone know how to shipp a 10'4" SUP from Maui to Boise?
        >
        > I got a 10'4" Elua Makani SUP in Maui and trying to figure out how to get it
        > back to Boise. Both UA and UPS website said the max length is 109" and 108"
        > respectively. :-(
        >
        > --
        > Best regards,
        >
        > Chris Lee

      • David Jakious
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 5, 2011
          Aren't we missing the most obvious solution?  It's a Standup Paddle Board.  You could paddle it home. :)

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 5, 2011
            Yeah don't be a wus chris.  ;-0 see yeah next year

            Eddy

            On Jul 5, 2011, at 2:51 PM, David Jakious <davidjakious@...> wrote:

            Aren't we missing the most obvious solution?  It's a Standup Paddle Board.  You could paddle it home. :)

            On Jul 5, 2011, at 1:55 PM, "Mark" <five13avue@...> wrote:

            Oops it is DHX not DHL, They do Hawaii to your door or to oakland or portland,
            mark
            --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Chris Lee <chris133@...> wrote:

            > Anyone know how to shipp a 10'4" SUP from Maui to Boise?
            >
            > I got a 10'4" Elua Makani SUP in Maui and trying to figure out how to get it
            > back to Boise. Both UA and UPS website said the max length is 109" and 108"
            > respectively. :-(
            >
            > --
            > Best regards,
            >
            > Chris Lee

          • Chris Lee
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 6, 2011
              The thought did come across my mind but I did quickly ruled it out since I'm too much a wus. :-)

              Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and I ended up having the shop ship it to my home.

              --
              Best regards,

              Chris Lee