Re: Shipping SUP from Maui to Boise

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 5, 2011
      Chris, DHL and Matson are the only likely people to take it since 911, UA, fedex and UPS won't based on my experience shipping things back and forth to my house on Oahu. The expense will be crazy and will takes weeks and might take damage. It would be cheaper to sell it there ( I have several friends on Maui who probably would be interested) and buy a SUP here. Gerry Lopez is a good friend of mine who is way into SUP. He is in Bend OR shapes for one of the best SUP in the world, Laird, and if you called Gerry, he would make it custom to you and your body size, and shipping easy or you can get it in a trip to the OR coast. Good Luck, Mark
      --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Chris Lee <chris133@...> wrote:

      > Anyone know how to shipp a 10'4" SUP from Maui to Boise?
      >
      > I got a 10'4" Elua Makani SUP in Maui and trying to figure out how to get it
      > back to Boise. Both UA and UPS website said the max length is 109" and 108"
      > respectively. :-(
      >
      > --
      > Best regards,
      >
      > Chris Lee

    • Jason
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 5, 2011
        Try a freight forwarder, they book the cargo space on planes directly and have good rates for such oversized shipments.

        I use Pilot Air for my company's pallet orders, their num is 362.8010.

        JMac

        --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Chris Lee <chris133@...> wrote:

        > Anyone know how to shipp a 10'4" SUP from Maui to Boise?
        >
        > I got a 10'4" Elua Makani SUP in Maui and trying to figure out how to get it
        > back to Boise. Both UA and UPS website said the max length is 109" and 108"
        > respectively. :-(
        >
        > --
        > Best regards,
        >
        > Chris Lee

      • Mark
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 5, 2011
          Oops it is DHX not DHL, They do Hawaii to your door or to oakland or portland,
          mark
          --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Chris Lee <chris133@...> wrote:

          > Anyone know how to shipp a 10'4" SUP from Maui to Boise?
          >
          > I got a 10'4" Elua Makani SUP in Maui and trying to figure out how to get it
          > back to Boise. Both UA and UPS website said the max length is 109" and 108"
          > respectively. :-(
          >
          > --
          > Best regards,
          >
          > Chris Lee

        • David Jakious
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 5, 2011
            Aren't we missing the most obvious solution?  It's a Standup Paddle Board.  You could paddle it home. :)

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 5, 2011
              Yeah don't be a wus chris.  ;-0 see yeah next year

              Eddy

              On Jul 5, 2011, at 2:51 PM, David Jakious <davidjakious@...> wrote:

              Aren't we missing the most obvious solution?  It's a Standup Paddle Board.  You could paddle it home. :)

              On Jul 5, 2011, at 1:55 PM, "Mark" <five13avue@...> wrote:

              Oops it is DHX not DHL, They do Hawaii to your door or to oakland or portland,
              mark
              --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Chris Lee <chris133@...> wrote:

              > Anyone know how to shipp a 10'4" SUP from Maui to Boise?
              >
              > I got a 10'4" Elua Makani SUP in Maui and trying to figure out how to get it
              > back to Boise. Both UA and UPS website said the max length is 109" and 108"
              > respectively. :-(
              >
              > --
              > Best regards,
              >
              > Chris Lee

            • Chris Lee
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 6, 2011
                The thought did come across my mind but I did quickly ruled it out since I'm too much a wus. :-)

                Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and I ended up having the shop ship it to my home.

                --
                Best regards,

                Chris Lee