Re: [snowkiteidaho] Lookout at lucky peak tomorrow

    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 2, 2011
      Tony, how'd Old Glory wave in the wind today ????

      On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 9:13 PM, Tonyswilliams <tonyswilliams@...> wrote:

      In honor of 4 July I am bringing out my old red white blue kite with no D power and with a bar and safety system that I built my self, right down to be hard rope to the harness with no chicken loop but a steel ring and shackle. Plus is uses a homemade quick release garden hose system. I can't wait to fly this bad boy. I do dislike the extremely hard relaunch(have to swim at the kite like a shark is after you to get the kite to flip over) and the valves that you have to try and pinch closed and cap before all the air shoots out of the struts. So if you see me out tomorrow, give a salute, not to me but to all the advancements in kite design over the last 7 years since I first flew this baby.

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 2, 2011
        What a morning.  My first on LP this season.  I saw 13 kiters and 3-4 windsurfers.  On the water at 6:45 and off at 10:15.  Pretty smooth and decent strength.  Hoping for a repeat tomorrow.  Loved seeing the two husband-wife teams out there.  Inspirational!!!

        -JBrick

        Tony, how'd Old Glory wave in the wind today ????

        On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 9:13 PM, Tonyswilliams <tonyswilliams@...> wrote:

        In honor of 4 July I am bringing out my old red white blue kite with no D power and with a bar and safety system that I built my self, right down to be hard rope to the harness with no chicken loop but a steel ring and shackle. Plus is uses a homemade quick release garden hose system. I can't wait to fly this bad boy. I do dislike the extremely hard relaunch(have to swim at the kite like a shark is after you to get the kite to flip over) and the valves that you have to try and pinch closed and cap before all the air shoots out of the struts. So if you see me out tomorrow, give a salute, not to me but to all the advancements in kite design over the last 7 years since I first flew this baby.
        Sent from my iPhone

      • daflyinhawaiian64@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 2, 2011
          I agree, great to be home again. Lucky we have such a wonderful spot to play at. I think the couples thing is awesome too. Maybe we will see more!

          Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

          From: Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...>
          Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2011 12:51:15 -0600