Re: [snowkiteidaho] Lookout at lucky peak tomorrow [2 Attachments]

    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 2, 2011
      ...a thing of patriotic beauty...

      On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 9:36 PM, tony williams <tonyswilliams@...> wrote:

      [Attachment(s) from tony williams included below]

      Best keep your distance, unless you want to help flip my kite over when I am trying to relaunch.  Here are a couple pics of the kite and system.

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 2, 2011
        Tony, how'd Old Glory wave in the wind today ????

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 2, 2011
          What a morning.  My first on LP this season.  I saw 13 kiters and 3-4 windsurfers.  On the water at 6:45 and off at 10:15.  Pretty smooth and decent strength.  Hoping for a repeat tomorrow.  Loved seeing the two husband-wife teams out there.  Inspirational!!!

          -JBrick

          Tony, how'd Old Glory wave in the wind today ????

          On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 9:13 PM, Tonyswilliams <tonyswilliams@...> wrote:

          In honor of 4 July I am bringing out my old red white blue kite with no D power and with a bar and safety system that I built my self, right down to be hard rope to the harness with no chicken loop but a steel ring and shackle. Plus is uses a homemade quick release garden hose system. I can't wait to fly this bad boy. I do dislike the extremely hard relaunch(have to swim at the kite like a shark is after you to get the kite to flip over) and the valves that you have to try and pinch closed and cap before all the air shoots out of the struts. So if you see me out tomorrow, give a salute, not to me but to all the advancements in kite design over the last 7 years since I first flew this baby.
          Sent from my iPhone

        • daflyinhawaiian64@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 2, 2011
            I agree, great to be home again. Lucky we have such a wonderful spot to play at. I think the couples thing is awesome too. Maybe we will see more!

            Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

            From: Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...>
            Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2011 12:51:15 -0600