New to Kites

  • Stuartkerber
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 31, 2006
      Hey guys. I live in Boise and want to start kite skiing this winter. I
      found this group on kiteforum and thought it might be a good way to
      get started. I've been skiing sinse I could walk and am looking for a
      new thrill/challenge. Look foward to meeting you guys.

      Stu
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2006
        Welcome to the Group, Stu!

        IF you are looking for a new challenge then you found the sport. the most Fun you can have on the snow.  DO you have kites yet?

        Eddy

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2006
          No kites yet. Just curious from peoples experiences here, should I get
          a trainer or just dive in with an larger easy to manage kite? If I can
          start with one kite, that would be ideal. Any suggestions or
          recomendations on gear would be appreciated. I try to read up as much
          as I can but nothing compares to first hand experience. I'm starting
          from scratch as far as the kite, bar, and harness go.

          --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Gear Daddy, LLC"

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 1, 2006
            Give me a call and I can set you up on a demo kites.  I've kinda been the only local supplier until recently of kites and gear.

            If you are sure you want to jump into sport then I've got a great deal on some 12 m snowkites.

            Eddy

            Gear Daddy LLC
            Eddy Petranek
            3256 E. Red Stone Dr.