Hatteras report

  • steve_linane
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 27, 2006
      cost , air fair $425.00 , the same as La Ventana Baja and $200.00
      less then Maui. car and room rentals about the same .
      weather . Oct. worm 70s plus ,water worm in the Atlantic and in the
      sound . Shorty weather . even in the rain
      Wind ,light , frontal driven so its a roll of the dice . the sound
      is kitable any wind direction the Alaric can blow off shore often .
      Jon and I got Four kitable days in six .
      Meet Jason Slezak from Real kite boarding see his amazing jump
      Wednesday September 6th 10pm est on stunt junkies.
      Got to test drive the 07 Cabrinha the Crossbow 2 ,12m COST $1799.00
      the Switchblade 2, 14M cost $ 1699.00 , and the Contra 14m cost
      $1745.00 AND THIS FROM THE low price leader Neil Pryde Maui , so thy
      are a little spendy . What I liked and what I didn't like . I liked
      the Crossbow its very stable, when you park it you never need you
      look up, its rite where you left it .turns fast and boosts high .
      but they only make it in a 12m , if your a real lite weight thats OK
      if not you will need the Contra which is an amazing kite it pulls
      like a truck . and the 14m goes up wind like nothing I've ever
      seen . the 17m is a different story very little up wind capability.
      On the 14 we were out in 6 to 11 miles per hr , going up wind and on
      a plan .What I didn't like , when a little gust hit ,it saw a hand
      full !!!
      The switchblade 2 comes in 16m 14m 12m 10m 8m 6m 4m and is design
      for unhooked tricks so its slow to turn (on pulley bar) it felt like
      a slow copy of the Crossbow.
      I'll stay with my Airush Halow 14m it does everything turns fast,low
      end top end,boosts high,low cost.
      Steve