Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: LP closure this Thu/Fri/Sat

Expand Messages
  • Chris Lee
    Well, it s more like 10-15 down from the swimming dock after a closer look. I think it will be doable for kite if the water level comes up another 5-10 but
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 10, 2011
    • 0 Attachment
      Well, it's more like 10-15' down from the swimming dock after a closer look.  I think it will be doable for kite if the water level comes up another 5-10' but then again take it with a grain of salt as I don't kite yet. :-)
       
      I ended up not going out although it was sailable.  It was a little hassle trying to go through the fences that was put up for the race.
       
      Hoping wind will work for Sunday if the overnight (forecasted) thunderstorm doesn't kill it...

      On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 6:38 AM, Chris Lee <chris133@...> wrote:
      BTW, it's not doable with the kites as water hasn't come up to the dock yet. It's still 15-20 feet down. The wind is that strong. 

      Best regards,
      Chris Lee

      On Jun 10, 2011, at 6:25 AM, Chris Lee <chris133@...> wrote:

      Hmm... I was going to give the 911 launch a try this morning. However, looks like you can drive a across the dam mostly and then the road is closed so making the walk a lot shorter. I may try that instead. 

      Best regards,
      Chris Lee

      On Jun 8, 2011, at 11:55 AM, Chris Lee <chris133@...> wrote:

      (including BSA mailing list...)
       
      Looks like the only remote chance is Friday morning and the road across the dam will be closed at 10 p.m. on Thursday night.  So, unless you want to hike across on Friday morning, it's probably best to skip it.
       
      I found this article to have some fairly informative details about the road closures: http://www.kboi2.com/news/local/123376108.html

      On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 11:47 AM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:
       

      Hitting alive after 5 instead

      Reminder LP closed thru weekend due to Ironman event.  Looks like a no wind weekend, so no big loss. 

      Eddy


      On Jun 8, 2011, at 11:07 AM, Tonyswilliams <tonyswilliams@...> wrote:

       

      Thinking of going to icr today. Anyone know if the water is still clean enough to tolerate?

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jun 6, 2011, at 8:02 AM, Jon Bolt <idakiteman@...> wrote:

       

      OK, Jim Tighe and Eddy only have July 15 available for an FWS meeting, and Bill B. unavailable any of proposed dates.  Can most everyone else make Friday July 15 evening sometime?  We really need good participation.  Who simply cannot make July 15 work.
       
      Jon

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Jon Bolt <idakiteman@...>
      Date: Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 6:23 PM
      Subject: Meeting w/ Lake Lowell FWS...
      To: Boise Sailors Association <BoiseSailors@...>, idahokiteboarding@yahoogroups.com, Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>


      Folks, here are the choices, in order of preference by Deerflat FWS folks & their schedule:
       
      -Saturday, July 23 around 1:00 or 1:30
      -Evenings of Friday July 15 or 22.  
       
      They also advised:
      "Please keep in mind the general public can attend open houses here at the refuge visitor center on June 3and July 8th (12-3 and 6-9), June 4th and July 9th (10-3)."
      So if anyone is over in that area, drop in.
       
      I suppose best way to pick is to ask for responses from anyone that will be out of town on July 15, 22, or 23.  We'll pick the date with the fewest absentees, and hope for good turnout.  Jim, we'll take you up on you offer to use your gym.  Is that around 5400 block of State Street?
       
      Thanks.
       
      Jon 




      --
      Best regards,

      Chris Lee



      --
      Best regards,

      Chris Lee
    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.