Re: [snowkiteidaho] ICR conditions

  • Tonyswilliams
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 8, 2011
      Icr is done. Tulies own it and water not nice. Got wet but could not stay upwind. Tom saw a snake near end of road where it meets the water. 3 strikes I am out of here.
    • jwattboi
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 8, 2011
        Weeds up where it is deeper? Bummer. I really like ICR since it's close and friendly for solo sessions like I had Memorial Day:

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIATkDV0WTg

        Once I get rid of the big piece of building material I'm using maybe my board will leave the water.

        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 8, 2011
          Jason fine job on the video

          To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
          From: jwattboi@...
          Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 01:19:31 +0000
          Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: ICR conditions

          Weeds up where it is deeper? Bummer. I really like ICR since it's close and friendly for solo sessions like I had Memorial Day:

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIATkDV0WTg

          Once I get rid of the big piece of building material I'm using maybe my board will leave the water.

          --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Tonyswilliams <tonyswilliams@...> wrote:

          > Icr is done. Tulies own it and water not nice. Got wet but could not stay upwind. Tom saw a snake near end of road where it meets the water. 3 strikes I am out of here.

        • tony williams
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 8, 2011
            The weeds have completely filled the right half of the water and for the left half, you have to get out one third of the way.  There is basically room for 2 kiters to maneuver but that is about it and if the wind is light and you drop your kite, expect it to get caught in the weeds.

          • daflyinhawaiian64@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 8, 2011
              Cool vid!

              Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

              From: "jwattboi" <jwattboi@...>
              Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 01:19:31 -0000
              To: <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
              ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

              Weeds up where it is deeper? Bummer. I really like ICR since it's close and friendly for solo sessions like I had Memorial Day:

              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIATkDV0WTg

              Once I get rid of the big piece of building material I'm using maybe my board will leave the water.

              --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Tonyswilliams <tonyswilliams@...> wrote:

              > Icr is done. Tulies own it and water not nice. Got wet but could not stay upwind. Tom saw a snake near end of road where it meets the water. 3 strikes I am out of here.

            • Tom von Alten
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 9, 2011
                > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIATkDV0WTg
                > Once I get rid of the big piece of building material I'm using
                > maybe my board will leave the water.

                That was fun, I like the way you got your toe tappin' to the tune.
                Tom von Alten       http://fortboise.org/
                tva@...
              • Jack Harrison
                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 9, 2011
                  Yes, much better type of "Idaho toe tapping"...

                  .... a good camera angle with view of board hydrodynamics and kite flying
                  above... though I noticed the water was a bit turbid looking. So the
                  "aspect" was interesting, a female kiter in tropical water and attire and
                  kite overhead might increase viewing!