Re: [snowkiteidaho] Lake Lowell access

  • Kay Walston
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 1, 2011
      Make sure it's a launch I could take off from :). Nothing leaky peak like. Thanks! Kay

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jun 1, 2011, at 12:45 PM, Jon Bolt <idakiteman@...> wrote:

      Maybe it is access #3 we use?  Comparing FWS map w/ mapquest, it does look like it could be...but I coulda sworn it was 4.  Seem's like we passed more than two accesses along Lakeshore before getting to the one we use.  If it is #3, that'd be better for dealing w/ FWS.  The FWS maps show that the only southshore accesses that aren't along "closed all year" areas are #1, #2, & #3 (sheesh, why have accesses if the areas will be closed?).   Hopefully one or more of those would work for us...

      Thanks.

      On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 11:39 AM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

      As best I can tell on map it is the 3rd access...but that does not seem correct??? I'm fairly certain that it is just past the Locust Ln turn off but before Pump Rd. I'll see if I can run out that direction next week as I have a full plate this week with WX station hook up and other stuff.  It is not really that convenient and would take better part of hour to travel from work to lake and back. I'll make it happen just not sure when. There does appear to be another south shore access on map that I need to scope out to see if it would work in NW.

      Eddy Petranek

      On Jun 1, 2011, at 9:58 AM, Jon Bolt <idakiteman@...> wrote:

      Eddy, wasn't it you that discovered the 4th access on southshore of Lake Lowell?  You remember if any of the first 3 accesses off Lake Shore Rd. west of 12th Avenue might work?  If not, don't you work over in Nampa/Caldwell area?  Maybe you could swing by those 3 accesses sometime and take another look (although water high right now & maybe hard to tell).  We'll need to put some specific proposals on the table w/ Deerflat FWS for what we want.  Of course one would be to retain use of the P4 southshore access.  But that may be a tough sell because in the most "permissive" FWS alternatives, that entire stretch of the southshore is declared "closed" to all uses, so it's evidently viewed as pretty substantial wildlife habitat.  But the first 3 accesses along southshore are not shown as "closed" nor in habitat areas.  We'll need to know if one or more of those would work, or if they definitely won't work.

      Thanks.

      On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 8:23 AM, geardaddyllc <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

      Looks like a good chance of afternoon flow tomorrow afternoon.