FW: weather link

  • Mark Westerdoll
    Message 1 of 5 , May 24 11:06 AM
      Hey all,
      There are never enough weather links, Right? I ran into this one at a class recently and it seems very appropriate for recreational winds. Firefighting and kiting both use similar wind information. I also have the link to spot forecasts anywhere, but this one seems good, it is just another NOAA site.
      Westy

      From: westerdoll@...
      To: westerdoll@...
      Subject: weather link
      Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 11:38:39 -0600

      Fire weather link www.wrh.noaa.gov/firewx/?wfo=boi
      Message 2 of 5 , May 24 11:24 AM
        Good info.

        Confirms my thoughts of a nooner at Lake Lowell on Wednesday

        Eddy Petranek

        From: westerdoll@...
        To: westerdoll@...
        Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 11:38:39 -0600

        Fire weather link www.wrh.noaa.gov/firewx/?wfo=boi

      • jwattboi
        Message 3 of 5 , May 25 5:34 AM
          Who plans on going to Lowell today, and about what time? I'm going to try to get away and I have room for one more if anyone wants a ride.

          Message 4 of 5 , May 25 6:15 AM
            I'm going. I'll target lunch time. Since I work in Nampa I'll watch wind.  Forecast looks best around lunch hrs. Then goes downhill: wind and weather ???

            Eddy Petranek

            Message 5 of 5 , May 25 9:23 AM
              I am headed over there now , I guess  everyone knows where we are going  take 84 to karcher rd( hwy 55 ), like your going to Marsing go a couple miles ,, then turn left on Riverside rd go to the mania as you turn in you will see a wide open beach that is the place .

              To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
              From: geardaddyllc@...
              Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 07:15:40 -0600
              Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: FW: weather link