Re: [snowkiteidaho] wind Monday

  • Kay Walst6on
    Message 1 of 17 , May 7, 2011
      Why can't it just blow a steady 20 mph...gheesh.  Went to CV today to goof around on my new 4m foil.  Nothing....then a gust...varoom...then nothing...then a gust...varoom...you get the picture.  I didn't go down easy though...was there for 3 hours and had a very calm and relaxing time...fun little kite!

      Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
      Realtor - Top Producer

      Group-One Real Estate - Downtown

      kaywalston@...

      208-860-5053

      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 19, 2014
        looks like a small possibility of SE at CJ on Monday . anyone got the time and interest ?
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 19, 2014
          Always have interest. Not sure about the time.

          Regards,
          -JBrick

          On Apr 19, 2014, at 2:49 PM, "Steve Linane" <itile@...> wrote:

          looks like a small possibility of SE at CJ on Monday . anyone got the time and interest ?

        • Will Hise

              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 21, 2014
                Peak is forecasted 12-3. Not really happening yet.  I'm watching will repost at my departure.

                Eddy

                On Apr 21, 2014, at 9:07 AM, STEVE <sbakerdvm@...> wrote:

                I was just informed I'm taking my daughter to the dermatologist at 430 today.  Unless that changes, don't think a trip to Lowell is possible, but when does it usually get windy there?
                If the wife gets off work early, I could maybe…sorry to be so wishy washy.

                I'll be in touch, or let me know if it will be earlier--my number is 861-9771

                From: pwkerr486@...
                To: geardaddyllc@...; boisesailors@...; snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                Subject: RE: [BSA] wind Monday
                Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 07:47:02 -0600

                Steve, my number is 697-3512.  Let me know if you are going and I will meet you there.
                Paul

                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 21, 2014
                  Where do you launch from at CJ on an East wind?
                  Message 8 of 17 , Apr 21, 2014

                    Eddy,

                    Can’t remember.  Are you in a location where you can physically see LL?  Thanks for the updates.

                    From: pwkerr486@...
                    To: geardaddyllc@...; boisesailors@...; snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                    Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 07:47:02 -0600

                    Message 9 of 17 , Apr 21, 2014
                      My office is only 8 miles away watching tree and flag from window. It is slowly building.  12-3 is my best guess. I'll post when I leave

                      I bet it will be 15-23mph

                      Eddy

                      From: pwkerr486@...
                      To: geardaddyllc@...; boisesailors@...; snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                      Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 07:47:02 -0600

                      Message 10 of 17 , Apr 21, 2014
                        The same spot west of Black Sands restaurant and marine

                        Where do you launch from at CJ on an East wind?

                        Message 11 of 17 , Apr 21, 2014
                          Mark...just downwind (NW) of Black Sands resort...between dam & Black sands but not halfway...a lot closer to Black Sands along the shore.  Actually, there is small inlet for irrigation gate/pipe NW of black sands.  We launch between that inlet & resort property.  Depth is shallow there and you can wade out to launch kite while someone holds it on shore (or drift launch).

                            From: pwkerr486@...
                            To: geardaddyllc@...; boisesailors@...; snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                            Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 07:47:02 -0600

                            Message 13 of 17 , Apr 21, 2014
                              I'm heading out

                              Eddy

                              From: pwkerr486@...
                              To: geardaddyllc@...; boisesailors@...; snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                              Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 07:47:02 -0600

                              Message 14 of 17 , Apr 21, 2014
                                Looks awesome

                                From: pwkerr486@...
                                To: geardaddyllc@...; boisesailors@...; snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 07:47:02 -0600

                                Message 15 of 17 , Apr 21, 2014
                                  I was on 12 m and Laura was on a 9 m then everyone showed up now its Up and down. Back to work!!!

                                  From: pwkerr486@...
                                  To: geardaddyllc@...; boisesailors@...; snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                  Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 07:47:02 -0600

                                    From: pwkerr486@...