NOAA keeps rocking the web (was: Wind Alert Weather Site

  • Tom von Alten
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2011
      > the WindAlert agrees with NOAA , which is where they probably get their info.

      Yes, and a big headstart on their implementation as well, given that NOAA
      did something quite similar about two? years ago. But I see the link to the PHP
      document with the interactive map has gone 404.

      Here, they've innovated further. No idea what this offers to a smartphone,
      but on the big box, and the "Graphical forecasts" tab,

      http://www.weather.gov/forecasts/wfo/sectors/boi.php

      updates a regional map based on which item you rollover in the table
      to the left:
      The wind speed and direction view has the forecast in 3-hour steps, and you
      can jump forward (or back) in 12 hr increments.

      Graphical forecasts / weekly view / expand (the table):

      http://www.weather.gov/forecasts/wfo/sectors/boiWeek.php?expandweek=ON#tabs

      And you can roll down a WHOLE WEEK of their regional forecast map.
      Yay NOAA!
      Tom von Alten       http://fortboise.org/
      tva@...