Re: ICR Session

  • jwattboi
    Message 1 of 19 , May 3, 2011
      Survival sailing, or is that suicide sailing? Ha ha. I've capsized my 14' cat on several occasions, always going over forward with it. Lesson learned yesterday, don't ever fall off the back when it's flipping. You land on your back on the other pontoon, ouch. All in all a nice little leisurely evening sail around Lowell.

      Today at ICR was great too. First time on the water after my first couple of lessons last year. Didn't have any problem staying upwind, gotta work on those transitions though. Only casualty was my sunglasses, they came off after I wiped out, they float, maybe I'll find them sometime.

      Message 2 of 19 , May 4, 2011
        Rusty
        Great tail of survival , bravery and heroism .

        To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        From: jwattboi@...
        Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 04:49:08 +0000
        Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: ICR Session

> [...]

        > > <mailto:geardaddyllc@...>> wrote:
        > >

        > > Was not stellar but Jason and I kited at 5pm for a solid 30 mins.
        > > Then Jim T windsurfed while we packed up. Water is warmer and 100
        > > degree rule was satisfied :-)
        > >
        > > Wind was up & down big time from 3-5. Almost drove home without.
        > > See ya next time. Thanks for sharing the Cat story Jason.
        > >
        > > Eddy Petranek
        > >

        > > On May 3, 2011, at 10:18 AM, "geardaddyllc"
        > > <geardaddyllc@... <mailto:geardaddyllc@...>> wrote:
        > >
        > > Setting up for a stellar session at ICR. I'm busting tail to
        > > get my work done by 2 so I can be at ICR by 3. Last time I hit
        > > the road out there it was necessary to engage 4 wheel drive
        > > and throw some mud. if anyone would like a ride to water meet
        > > me at entrance to dirt road and jump in, plan to be there
        > > 2:30-2:45. Dirt road is just behind the Boise Stage stop

      • j clive jordan
        Message 3 of 19 , May 4, 2011
          gusty Idaho - never been to LL - one of these days

          Message 4 of 19 , May 4, 2011
            Holy Cats!!  Great tale rusty.  I've been there with the sherif standing guard ready to come out to save us.  LL is a fickle lady.  The trick is not to be out when she shuts down.  Its a long swim.

            Message 5 of 19 , May 5, 2011

              OK so couldn’t resist telling my LL sheriff story.  The water is butter and we are skiing and drinking until of course we run out of gas.  Sheriff happens by to pick up us fools(before children).  Gets his towrope caught in his jet intake.  We had to flag down a third boat to get us towed back in.  No tickets, no nothing.  Back in the day.

              William G Binegar, MD

              Pain Medicine-Board Certified

              Anesthesiology-Board Certified

              Medical Director

              Pain Care Boise

              301 W. Myrtle

              Boise, ID   83702

              Office: 208.342.8200 | Fax: 208.342.8202

              www.paincareboise.com