Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Wind Alert Weather Site

  • daflyinhawaiian64@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 30, 2011
      Nice!

      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

      From: Tonyswilliams <tonyswilliams@...>
      Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 16:05:20 -0600
      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Wind Alert Weather Site

      Busted!

      Texas got me spoiled with the warm water.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Apr 29, 2011, at 3:25 PM, daflyinhawaiian64@... wrote:

      Says the man who just got his fix in....

      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

      From: Tonyswilliams <tonyswilliams@...>
      Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 15:24:18 -0600

      What is the big rush? Summer is not here yet. There will be plenty of days over the summer.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Apr 29, 2011, at 3:07 PM, "stefanoortelli" <sortelli@...> wrote:

      I may try Gott's point tomorrow...

      --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "j clive" <jclivejordan@...> wrote:

      > that's convenient
      >
      > --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@> wrote:
      > >

      > > Yes it does give you a few days forecast...but it is hard to see on PC. However on phone you can scroll out on hourly basis over a few days. Now everyone knows my secret ;-)
      > >
      > > Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
      > > geardaddyllc@
      > > 208-863-6966
      > >
      > > On Apr 29, 2011, at 8:52 AM, Jack Harrison wrote:
      > >
      > > > Very Nice - it looks like its maybe blowing 17 (mph?) at ICR .... and 22 at
      > > > Rufus.
      > > >
      > > > Looks like it shows ~Pine Turnoff at about 15mph which matches the Wx
      > > > reported there:
      > > >
      > > > Current time: Fri, 29 Apr 8:43 am (MDT)
      > > > Most Recent Observation: Fri, 29 Apr 7:52 am (MDT)
      > > > Time Temp. Dew Relative Wind Wind Wind Visibility Precip Quality
      > > > Point Humidity Chill Direction Speed 24 hour Control
      > > > (MDT) (f) (f) (%) (f) (mph) (miles) (inches)
      > > > 29 Apr 7:52 am 25 21 84 12 W 16G18 0.00 OK
      > > > 29 Apr 7:37 am 25 21 85 13 W 14G16 0.00 OK
      > > >
      > > > And, when you point and click, does that give you recent historical
      > > > readings, and a few days forecast? If so, that's great!!!
      > > >
      > > > Thanks much, Jack

    • David Jakious
      Message 2 of 21 , May 3, 2011
        Is the C.J. reading accurate on WindAlert even though the location on the map seems off?  If so it was blowing over 20 for a couple hours this evening.  Would it have been a good place to hit or is it better later in the spring?

        Thanks for the advice.  Still getting the lay of the land.

        Message 3 of 21 , May 4, 2011
          it looked like RCR would of been the call yesterday and CJ would of worked also  . the WindAlert agrees with NOAA , witch is there they probably get there info..

          To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
          From: davidjakious@...
          Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 21:13:20 -0700

          Message 4 of 21 , May 4, 2011
            Where is RCR?

            Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

            From: steve linane <itile@...>
            Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 07:58:59 -0600
            To: <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>

            To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
            From: davidjakious@...
            Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 21:13:20 -0700

            Message 5 of 21 , May 4, 2011
              drive east pass highway 20 take the first exit it is Organ trails or something , go north about 2 miles start looking for a dike on your left if you get to a fork in the road you have gone to far . you will know your in the write place if you see 20 wind generators , there are two dirt roads that take you to the top of the dike ( dam ) , you can park on top and walk down to the water or drive around to either side and park at the edge of the water . very shallow at the shore , some rock hazards in water , on average winder then any where else . keep a eye on the weather . storm sells move through and can turn on the wind very quickly . 20 one minute and 40 the next .

              To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
              From: daflyinhawaiian64@...
              Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 14:02:28 +0000

              Where is RCR?

              Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

              From: steve linane <itile@...>
              Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 07:58:59 -0600
              To: <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>

              To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
              From: davidjakious@...
              Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 21:13:20 -0700

              Message 6 of 21 , May 4, 2011
                Thanks!

                Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                From: steve linane <itile@...>
                Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 08:49:40 -0600
                To: <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>

                To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                From: daflyinhawaiian64@...
                Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 14:02:28 +0000

                Where is RCR?

                Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                From: steve linane <itile@...>
                Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 07:58:59 -0600
                To: <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>

                To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                From: davidjakious@...
                Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 21:13:20 -0700

                Message 7 of 21 , May 4, 2011
                  Greg RCR is the name given to the small reseviour at Hot Springs Creek off Bennet Rd.

                  For you that want some more mapping tools besides the quick and dirty Google maps,   try using the US Geological Surveys map http://viewer.nationalmap.gov/viewer/  it has a lot more scale and lots of overlays that give you topo and greyscale down to 25 foot resolution. Good for identifying amount of sagebrush cover when looking for snow kiting areas.  Note,  Not for smartphones.

                  To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                  From: daflyinhawaiian64@...
                  Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 14:02:28 +0000

                  Where is RCR?

                  Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                  From: steve linane <itile@...>
                  Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                  Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 07:58:59 -0600
                  To: <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>

                  To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                  From: davidjakious@...
                  Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 21:13:20 -0700

                  Message 8 of 21 , May 4, 2011
                    Yup, the USGS has a wealth of data.  If you're not interested in using a nuclear weapon
                    to weed your lawn, however, you could take advantage of the local knowledge which
                    I thoughtfully captured in an interactive Google map. Here's RCR:

                    http://fortboise.org/maps/sailing-spots.html?ll=43.082482,-115.531528&z=13&t=h&i=10

                    I don't know how well it works on a smartphone, but if somebody wants to give me one
                    of those with a service contract, I'll be happy to optimize it.  :-)
                    _____________
                    Tom von Alten       http://fortboise.org/
                    tva@...

                    On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 10:57 AM, tony williams <tonyswilliams@...> wrote:

                    Greg RCR is the name given to the small reseviour at Hot Springs Creek off Bennet Rd.

                    For you that want some more mapping tools besides the quick and dirty Google maps,   try using the US Geological Surveys map http://viewer.nationalmap.gov/viewer/  it has a lot more scale and lots of overlays that give you topo and greyscale down to 25 foot resolution. Good for identifying amount of sagebrush cover when looking for snow kiting areas.  Note,  Not for smartphones.
                  • Kay Walst6on
                    Message 9 of 21 , May 4, 2011
                      RCR..mud and cockleburs..???..that's my memory...hahaha...Oh and rocks!!! hahaha...what an adventure...I'm cracking up..

                      Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
                      Realtor - Top Producer

                      Group-One Real Estate - Downtown

                      kaywalston@...