Wind Alert Weather Site

  • geardaddyllc
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 29, 2011
      Don't know if something has changed or if this is just temporary but anyway WindAlert has a fully usable site now.

      http://windalert.com:80/en-us/Search/ViewResults.aspx#43.247,-116.033,9

      Even better on iphone app

      Eddy
    • Jack Harrison
      Message 2 of 21 , Apr 29, 2011
        Very Nice - it looks like its maybe blowing 17 (mph?) at ICR .... and 22 at
        Rufus.

        Looks like it shows ~Pine Turnoff at about 15mph which matches the Wx
        reported there:

        Current time: Fri, 29 Apr 8:43 am (MDT)
        Most Recent Observation: Fri, 29 Apr 7:52 am (MDT)
        Time Temp. Dew Relative Wind Wind Wind Visibility Precip Quality
        Point Humidity Chill Direction Speed 24 hour Control
        (MDT) (f) (f) (%) (f) (mph) (miles) (inches)
        29 Apr 7:52 am 25 21 84 12 W 16G18 0.00 OK
        29 Apr 7:37 am 25 21 85 13 W 14G16 0.00 OK

        And, when you point and click, does that give you recent historical
        readings, and a few days forecast? If so, that's great!!!

        Thanks much, Jack

          Message 4 of 21 , Apr 29, 2011
            that's convenient

            > Yes it does give you a few days forecast...but it is hard to see on PC. However on phone you can scroll out on hourly basis over a few days. Now everyone knows my secret ;-)
            >
            > Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
            > geardaddyllc@...
            > 208-863-6966
            >
            > On Apr 29, 2011, at 8:52 AM, Jack Harrison wrote:
            >
            > > Very Nice - it looks like its maybe blowing 17 (mph?) at ICR .... and 22 at
            > > Rufus.
            > >
            > > Looks like it shows ~Pine Turnoff at about 15mph which matches the Wx
            > > reported there:
            > >
            > > Current time: Fri, 29 Apr 8:43 am (MDT)
            > > Most Recent Observation: Fri, 29 Apr 7:52 am (MDT)
            > > Time Temp. Dew Relative Wind Wind Wind Visibility Precip Quality
            > > Point Humidity Chill Direction Speed 24 hour Control
            > > (MDT) (f) (f) (%) (f) (mph) (miles) (inches)
            > > 29 Apr 7:52 am 25 21 84 12 W 16G18 0.00 OK
            > > 29 Apr 7:37 am 25 21 85 13 W 14G16 0.00 OK
            > >
            > > And, when you point and click, does that give you recent historical
            > > readings, and a few days forecast? If so, that's great!!!
            > >
            > > Thanks much, Jack

          • stefanoortelli
            Message 5 of 21 , Apr 29, 2011
              I may try Gott's point tomorrow...

              --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "j clive" <jclivejordan@...> wrote:

              > that's convenient
              >
              > --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@> wrote:
              > >

              > > Yes it does give you a few days forecast...but it is hard to see on PC. However on phone you can scroll out on hourly basis over a few days. Now everyone knows my secret ;-)
              > >
              > > Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
              > > geardaddyllc@
              > > 208-863-6966
              > >
              > > On Apr 29, 2011, at 8:52 AM, Jack Harrison wrote:
              > >
              > > > Very Nice - it looks like its maybe blowing 17 (mph?) at ICR .... and 22 at
              > > > Rufus.
              > > >
              > > > Looks like it shows ~Pine Turnoff at about 15mph which matches the Wx
              > > > reported there:
              > > >
              > > > Current time: Fri, 29 Apr 8:43 am (MDT)
              > > > Most Recent Observation: Fri, 29 Apr 7:52 am (MDT)
              > > > Time Temp. Dew Relative Wind Wind Wind Visibility Precip Quality
              > > > Point Humidity Chill Direction Speed 24 hour Control
              > > > (MDT) (f) (f) (%) (f) (mph) (miles) (inches)
              > > > 29 Apr 7:52 am 25 21 84 12 W 16G18 0.00 OK
              > > > 29 Apr 7:37 am 25 21 85 13 W 14G16 0.00 OK
              > > >
              > > > And, when you point and click, does that give you recent historical
              > > > readings, and a few days forecast? If so, that's great!!!
              > > >
              > > > Thanks much, Jack

            • Kay Walston
              Message 6 of 21 , Apr 29, 2011
                It's snowing!  Brave!

                Sent from my iPhone

                On Apr 29, 2011, at 3:07 PM, "stefanoortelli" <sortelli@...> wrote:

                I may try Gott's point tomorrow...

                --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "j clive" <jclivejordan@...> wrote:

                > that's convenient
                >
                > --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@> wrote:
                > >

                > > Yes it does give you a few days forecast...but it is hard to see on PC. However on phone you can scroll out on hourly basis over a few days. Now everyone knows my secret ;-)
                > >
                > > Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
                > > geardaddyllc@
                > > 208-863-6966
                > >
                > > On Apr 29, 2011, at 8:52 AM, Jack Harrison wrote:
                > >
                > > > Very Nice - it looks like its maybe blowing 17 (mph?) at ICR .... and 22 at
                > > > Rufus.
                > > >
                > > > Looks like it shows ~Pine Turnoff at about 15mph which matches the Wx
                > > > reported there:
                > > >
                > > > Current time: Fri, 29 Apr 8:43 am (MDT)
                > > > Most Recent Observation: Fri, 29 Apr 7:52 am (MDT)
                > > > Time Temp. Dew Relative Wind Wind Wind Visibility Precip Quality
                > > > Point Humidity Chill Direction Speed 24 hour Control
                > > > (MDT) (f) (f) (%) (f) (mph) (miles) (inches)
                > > > 29 Apr 7:52 am 25 21 84 12 W 16G18 0.00 OK
                > > > 29 Apr 7:37 am 25 21 85 13 W 14G16 0.00 OK
                > > >
                > > > And, when you point and click, does that give you recent historical
                > > > readings, and a few days forecast? If so, that's great!!!
                > > >
                > > > Thanks much, Jack

              • Tonyswilliams
                Message 7 of 21 , Apr 29, 2011
                  What is the big rush? Summer is not here yet. There will be plenty of days over the summer.

                • daflyinhawaiian64@yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 21 , Apr 29, 2011
                    Says the man who just got his fix in....

                    Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                    From: Tonyswilliams <tonyswilliams@...>
                    Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                    Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 15:24:18 -0600
                    To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
                    ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                    Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Wind Alert Weather Site

                    What is the big rush? Summer is not here yet. There will be plenty of days over the summer.

                    Sent from my iPhone

                    On Apr 29, 2011, at 3:07 PM, "stefanoortelli" <sortelli@...> wrote:

                    I may try Gott's point tomorrow...

                    --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "j clive" <jclivejordan@...> wrote:

                    > that's convenient
                    >
                    > --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@> wrote:
                    > >

                    > > Yes it does give you a few days forecast...but it is hard to see on PC. However on phone you can scroll out on hourly basis over a few days. Now everyone knows my secret ;-)
                    > >
                    > > Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
                    > > geardaddyllc@
                    > > 208-863-6966
                    > >
                    > > On Apr 29, 2011, at 8:52 AM, Jack Harrison wrote:
                    > >
                    > > > Very Nice - it looks like its maybe blowing 17 (mph?) at ICR .... and 22 at
                    > > > Rufus.
                    > > >
                    > > > Looks like it shows ~Pine Turnoff at about 15mph which matches the Wx
                    > > > reported there:
                    > > >
                    > > > Current time: Fri, 29 Apr 8:43 am (MDT)
                    > > > Most Recent Observation: Fri, 29 Apr 7:52 am (MDT)
                    > > > Time Temp. Dew Relative Wind Wind Wind Visibility Precip Quality
                    > > > Point Humidity Chill Direction Speed 24 hour Control
                    > > > (MDT) (f) (f) (%) (f) (mph) (miles) (inches)
                    > > > 29 Apr 7:52 am 25 21 84 12 W 16G18 0.00 OK
                    > > > 29 Apr 7:37 am 25 21 85 13 W 14G16 0.00 OK
                    > > >
                    > > > And, when you point and click, does that give you recent historical
                    > > > readings, and a few days forecast? If so, that's great!!!
                    > > >
                    > > > Thanks much, Jack

                  • Tonyswilliams
                    Message 9 of 21 , Apr 29, 2011
                      Busted!

                      Texas got me spoiled with the warm water.

                      Sent from my iPhone

                      From: Tonyswilliams <tonyswilliams@...>
                      Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 15:24:18 -0600

                        From: Tonyswilliams <tonyswilliams@...>
                        Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 15:24:18 -0600

                        What is the big rush? Summer is not here yet. There will be plenty of days over the summer.

                        Sent from my iPhone

                        On Apr 29, 2011, at 3:07 PM, "stefanoortelli" <sortelli@...> wrote:

                        I may try Gott's point tomorrow...

                        --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "j clive" <jclivejordan@...> wrote:

                        > that's convenient
                        >
                        > --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@> wrote:
                        > >

                        > > Yes it does give you a few days forecast...but it is hard to see on PC. However on phone you can scroll out on hourly basis over a few days. Now everyone knows my secret ;-)
                        > >
                        > > Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
                        > > geardaddyllc@
                        > > 208-863-6966
                        > >
                        > > On Apr 29, 2011, at 8:52 AM, Jack Harrison wrote:
                        > >
                        > > > Very Nice - it looks like its maybe blowing 17 (mph?) at ICR .... and 22 at
                        > > > Rufus.
                        > > >
                        > > > Looks like it shows ~Pine Turnoff at about 15mph which matches the Wx
                        > > > reported there:
                        > > >
                        > > > Current time: Fri, 29 Apr 8:43 am (MDT)
                        > > > Most Recent Observation: Fri, 29 Apr 7:52 am (MDT)
                        > > > Time Temp. Dew Relative Wind Wind Wind Visibility Precip Quality
                        > > > Point Humidity Chill Direction Speed 24 hour Control
                        > > > (MDT) (f) (f) (%) (f) (mph) (miles) (inches)
                        > > > 29 Apr 7:52 am 25 21 84 12 W 16G18 0.00 OK
                        > > > 29 Apr 7:37 am 25 21 85 13 W 14G16 0.00 OK
                        > > >
                        > > > And, when you point and click, does that give you recent historical
                        > > > readings, and a few days forecast? If so, that's great!!!
                        > > >
                        > > > Thanks much, Jack

                      • Kay Walst6on
                        Message 11 of 21 , Apr 29, 2011
                          This is the first year in 3 I have'nt been in south texas...wah....I'm spoiled too....I'm still within inches of driving down there especially after waking up to snow this morning....

                          Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
                          Realtor - Top Producer

                          Group-One Real Estate - Downtown

                          kaywalston@...

                          208-860-5053

                          From: Tonyswilliams <tonyswilliams@...>
                          Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 15:24:18 -0600

                          Message 12 of 21 , Apr 30, 2011
                            The Journey of a thousand miles begins with......

                            Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                            From: Tonyswilliams <tonyswilliams@...>
                            Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 15:24:18 -0600

                            Message 13 of 21 , Apr 30, 2011
                              Nice!

                              Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                              From: Tonyswilliams <tonyswilliams@...>
                              Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 15:24:18 -0600

                              What is the big rush? Summer is not here yet. There will be plenty of days over the summer.

                              Sent from my iPhone

                              On Apr 29, 2011, at 3:07 PM, "stefanoortelli" <sortelli@...> wrote:

                              I may try Gott's point tomorrow...

                              --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "j clive" <jclivejordan@...> wrote:

                              > that's convenient
                              >
                              > --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@> wrote:
                              > >

                              > > Yes it does give you a few days forecast...but it is hard to see on PC. However on phone you can scroll out on hourly basis over a few days. Now everyone knows my secret ;-)
                              > >
                              > > Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
                              > > geardaddyllc@
                              > > 208-863-6966
                              > >
                              > > On Apr 29, 2011, at 8:52 AM, Jack Harrison wrote:
                              > >
                              > > > Very Nice - it looks like its maybe blowing 17 (mph?) at ICR .... and 22 at
                              > > > Rufus.
                              > > >
                              > > > Looks like it shows ~Pine Turnoff at about 15mph which matches the Wx
                              > > > reported there:
                              > > >
                              > > > Current time: Fri, 29 Apr 8:43 am (MDT)
                              > > > Most Recent Observation: Fri, 29 Apr 7:52 am (MDT)
                              > > > Time Temp. Dew Relative Wind Wind Wind Visibility Precip Quality
                              > > > Point Humidity Chill Direction Speed 24 hour Control
                              > > > (MDT) (f) (f) (%) (f) (mph) (miles) (inches)
                              > > > 29 Apr 7:52 am 25 21 84 12 W 16G18 0.00 OK
                              > > > 29 Apr 7:37 am 25 21 85 13 W 14G16 0.00 OK
                              > > >
                              > > > And, when you point and click, does that give you recent historical
                              > > > readings, and a few days forecast? If so, that's great!!!
                              > > >
                              > > > Thanks much, Jack

                            • David Jakious
                              Message 14 of 21 , May 3 9:13 PM
                                Is the C.J. reading accurate on WindAlert even though the location on the map seems off?  If so it was blowing over 20 for a couple hours this evening.  Would it have been a good place to hit or is it better later in the spring?

                                Thanks for the advice.  Still getting the lay of the land.

                                Message 15 of 21 , May 4 6:58 AM
                                  it looked like RCR would of been the call yesterday and CJ would of worked also  . the WindAlert agrees with NOAA , witch is there they probably get there info..

                                  To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                  From: davidjakious@...
                                  Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 21:13:20 -0700

                                  Message 16 of 21 , May 4 7:02 AM
                                    Where is RCR?

                                    Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                                    From: steve linane <itile@...>
                                    Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                    Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 07:58:59 -0600
                                    To: <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>

                                    To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                    From: davidjakious@...
                                    Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 21:13:20 -0700

                                    Message 17 of 21 , May 4 7:49 AM
                                      drive east pass highway 20 take the first exit it is Organ trails or something , go north about 2 miles start looking for a dike on your left if you get to a fork in the road you have gone to far . you will know your in the write place if you see 20 wind generators , there are two dirt roads that take you to the top of the dike ( dam ) , you can park on top and walk down to the water or drive around to either side and park at the edge of the water . very shallow at the shore , some rock hazards in water , on average winder then any where else . keep a eye on the weather . storm sells move through and can turn on the wind very quickly . 20 one minute and 40 the next .

                                      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                      From: daflyinhawaiian64@...
                                      Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 14:02:28 +0000

                                      Where is RCR?

                                      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                                      From: steve linane <itile@...>
                                      Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                      Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 07:58:59 -0600
                                      To: <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>

                                      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                      From: davidjakious@...
                                      Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 21:13:20 -0700

                                      Message 18 of 21 , May 4 7:52 AM
                                        Thanks!

                                        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                                        From: steve linane <itile@...>
                                        Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                        Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 08:49:40 -0600
                                        To: <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>

                                        To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                        From: daflyinhawaiian64@...
                                        Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 14:02:28 +0000

                                        Where is RCR?

                                        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                                        From: steve linane <itile@...>
                                        Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                        Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 07:58:59 -0600
                                        To: <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>

                                        To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                        From: davidjakious@...
                                        Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 21:13:20 -0700

                                        Message 19 of 21 , May 4 9:57 AM
                                          Greg RCR is the name given to the small reseviour at Hot Springs Creek off Bennet Rd.

                                          For you that want some more mapping tools besides the quick and dirty Google maps,   try using the US Geological Surveys map http://viewer.nationalmap.gov/viewer/  it has a lot more scale and lots of overlays that give you topo and greyscale down to 25 foot resolution. Good for identifying amount of sagebrush cover when looking for snow kiting areas.  Note,  Not for smartphones.

                                          To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                          From: daflyinhawaiian64@...
                                          Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 14:02:28 +0000

                                          Where is RCR?

                                          Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                                          From: steve linane <itile@...>
                                          Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                          Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 07:58:59 -0600
                                          To: <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>

                                          To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                          From: davidjakious@...
                                          Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 21:13:20 -0700

                                          Is the C.J. reading accurate on WindAlert even though the location on the map seems off?  If so it was blowing over 20 for a couple hours this evening.  Would it have been a good place to hit or is it better later in the spring?

                                          Thanks for the advice.  Still getting the lay of the land.

                                          Don't know if something has changed or if this is just temporary but anyway
                                          WindAlert has a fully usable site now.

                                          http://windalert.com/en-us/Search/ViewResults.aspx#43.247,-116.033,9

                                          Even better on iphone app

                                        • Tom von Alten
                                          Message 20 of 21 , May 4 10:27 AM
                                            Yup, the USGS has a wealth of data.  If you're not interested in using a nuclear weapon
                                            to weed your lawn, however, you could take advantage of the local knowledge which
                                            I thoughtfully captured in an interactive Google map. Here's RCR:

                                            http://fortboise.org/maps/sailing-spots.html?ll=43.082482,-115.531528&z=13&t=h&i=10

                                            I don't know how well it works on a smartphone, but if somebody wants to give me one
                                            of those with a service contract, I'll be happy to optimize it.  :-)
                                            _____________
                                            Tom von Alten       http://fortboise.org/
                                            tva@...

                                            Message 21 of 21 , May 4 10:40 AM
                                              RCR..mud and cockleburs..???..that's my memory...hahaha...Oh and rocks!!! hahaha...what an adventure...I'm cracking up..

                                              To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                              From: daflyinhawaiian64@...
                                              Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 14:02:28 +0000

                                              Where is RCR?