RE: Lake Lowell Access

  • Tom von Alten
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 27, 2006
      Steve Baker sent me his account of the incident at the Lake last
      week, and gave me permission to forward it to these groups. It seems
      that from the refuge manager's point of view, kitesailing, at least,
      IS INDEED BANNED. (Perhaps if people hadn't tried to tow
      parasailors behind motorboats, they wouldn't have had a knee-jerk
      reaction to the concept? Who knows.)

      Windsurfing MAY BE banned ("no permission is granted"), but is at
      least in limbo, along with motor toys. I have no idea how ripe or
      valid any of the cited "lawsuits from both sides" might be.

      I'm open to suggestion for the best way to coordinate a response
      that produces the result we want -- lake access for our
      environmentally friendly, low-impact sports.
      Tom von Alten http://fortboise.org
      tva@...