Lucky Peak Wednesday

  • Tom von Alten
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 27, 2006
      No need to economize on subject lines, kids. Go ahead and write a
      new one when you want to talk about something new.

      Jason wrote:
      > This morning, there was little outflow and the nursery numbers
      > were low. I was pleased when I got on the dam at 8:15AM and saw 2-3
      > windsurfers tearing it up...

      That was wishful observation, perhaps. The only guy I saw tearing
      anything up was Brian, when I first got there a little before 8. He
      was up in the channel above Sheep Cr., where it looked filled in and
      strong.

      The next three of us struggled to get out of the Turner hole, and
      never did get lit up. We all planed a few times, but mostly slogged.

      > In fact, one of the windsurfers yet out a yell and swam his rig to
      > shore.

      That would have been me. Thanks for not quoting the yell, as these
      are family email lists, eh? About the time my arms were on rubber leg
      street and I couldn't hold on to slog anymore, I realized gee, I
      didn't put my uphaul on, either.

      Oh well, nice day for a swim (or a long hike, in Steve's case).

      > Can anyone explain why it was so short this morning?

      I think we need to sacrifice some virgins.

      The nursery RAWS numbers don't look that bad, and the pressure
      was certainly high enough... but it looks like the pressure was
      high in the mountains too: only +0.09 or less between Boise and
      Hailey.

      Forecast shows things switching to NW, looks like it's spoiling
      the fun starting today.
      Tom von Alten http://fortboise.org
      tva@...