Thursday session

  • Kay Walst6on
    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 24, 2011
      This afternoon was great...the snow is unbelievable...underpowered on a 9m...where is everybody???

      Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
      Click Here to View my VIDEO introduction
      Realtor - Top Producer
      Boise, ID. 83706
      208-860-5053 - cell
      208-331-6833 - e-fax

      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 2, 2013
        Anyone interested in a session tomorrow at CJ or River? 30mph front pushing thru.

        Eddy
      • Will Hise
        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 2, 2013
          me me me me me me.

          What time we thinking? I'll put a 'meeting' on the calendar.

          On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 11:38 AM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:
          Anyone interested in a session tomorrow at CJ or River? 30mph front pushing thru.

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              snowkiteidaho-digest@yahoogroups.com
              snowkiteidaho-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 2, 2013
              ...yeeeee hawww...wear yer chaps & spurs boyz 'n keep a tight bridle on those rides!!

              On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 11:38 AM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

              Anyone interested in a session tomorrow at CJ or River? 30mph front pushing thru.

              Eddy

            • bsrobertson84
              Message 6 of 19 , Oct 2, 2013

                I plan to be there as soon as I get of work. It will be 5:30 when I get to CJ strike. If you have already headed home shoot me some advice on where to go so I make the most out of what's left of day light.

                Thanks,

                Ben

                    Message 9 of 19 , Oct 3, 2013
                      No, but we did ride 7m's. It sucked big time. 27-35 with gusts over 45. Not worth the drive.

                      Message 10 of 19 , Oct 3, 2013

                        And Grandview at 19mph.  I’m not sure I’ve EVER seen that.

                        I wonder if Eddy and Will have ‘shown up’ on Mountain Home AFB radar yet?

                        did you bring your 3m trainer if not you could try filling your pockets with rocks

                        Message 11 of 19 , Oct 3, 2013
                          Sending a kite was not something fun to try. I did a few and got some good double pops, but was probably still below radar. Pretty sure if I really sent it, I would have flown over the RV park and landed somewhere across the road.

                          Message 12 of 19 , Oct 3, 2013
                            I'd agree with those numbers.  First time I've snapped a kite line.  Made for a quick self rescue body drag.  Took maybe 10mins from middle of lake to shore.

                            Hope that was not my last session for the season...I did not enjoy that one!!!

                            Eddy

                            Message 13 of 19 , Oct 3, 2013

                              So it sounds like work was the better choice today.  I’m still jealous wish I could have suffered with you.

                              James R. Tighe

                              Gem State Gymnastics Academy / Tighe Gym Sales

                              5420 W. State St., Boise, Idaho 83703

                              Gym; 208-853-3220

                              Cell; 208-859-1397

                                  Message 16 of 19 , Oct 3, 2013
                                    Managed a solo session at the river. 7m as well. Plenty O'wind. Wow. On about 1330, off 1615ish. I am worked. Put in at the bridge and sailed up above the pump house. Really nice swells every now and again. Sometimes the faces were 3' or so and would stretch 1/3-1/2 the river, nice little half pipe to play in. Not the day for airtime.  Not the funest session but I've been jonesin for a while and this certainly moved the boundary out a bit.

                                    Sent from my iPhone

                                      Message 18 of 19 , Oct 3, 2013
                                        ...not only was it Grandview 19, 1:00-2:00PM: 19G34 !!!!   YIKES.  NASTY...

                                        ...you Idaho cowboys ever make it to 8 second buzzer?...

                                        Message 19 of 19 , Oct 3, 2013
                                          Lol I don't know about that Jim. It was pretty crazy at times. Spray ripping off the waves. Nice thing about the river (maybe not so much for windsurfers) is the fact that is is so shallow for quite a ways out on both sides so walking out is an option. The fact that I was alone was certainly on my mind but I would much rather sail the river than cj anytime. Cept on a SE wind.
                                          Jon, no buckles for this cowboy however I did get bucked off several times. Yee haw! Howz the sailing down south?
                                          Eddy, Will sorry I did not join but I wasn't sure I would even get to play today. When I got the ok you had already left. I was going to swing by the river first to see if you were there and head up to cj if not but the swells looked so juicy I could not help myself.
                                          Sent from my iPhone