RE: [snowkiteidaho] CJ Strike vs. Cascade

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 6, 2006
      Jake,

      CJ Strike for NW winds launch is on South side of Dam. Nicest launch is half way between Black sands Marina and the dam.

      I've never figured out the winds in Cascade but have been told that it blows all the time except when I show up with kites.

      Morning winds at Lucky Peak are the only thing going until cold fronts roll through.  The water is dropping about 2 ft per day so the beach option at Barclay will be done before weekend. Move up to turner Gulch then hike up to sand bar once water drops about 50 ft. Water is still comfortable in shorty wetsuit. I'll head out again tomorrow unless the smoke is worse than it was this morning only got 45 mins in

      Eddy