Re: [snowkiteidaho] La Ventana report...

    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 1, 2011
      I was wrong in last report guessing yesterday would be thermal winds 12-14m stuff.  Started way weak barely fourteenable but about 3pm the beginnings of coming el norte arrive and in 30 minutes it goes off.  Those on 12's OP'ed and flock in to rig down.  Powered 9-10m until dark.  With El Norte now here again, today probably even more...8am and already whitecaps.

      ...ceviche from the shrimp boats was absolutely world's best.  Far better than the ceviche served at Bruce's after double cross.  Naturally those marineros would make the killer ceviche.  Doin' the camarones tonight.

      Adios...

      On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 11:06 PM, Jason Brickner <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:

      LOVE IT!!!

      Just what I needed.  Thanks for sharin' the stoke.  I sure hope to make that trip again someday.

      Enjoy!!!

      -JBrick

      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 1, 2011
        Jim, just saw on priceline flts to Maui $560. I think you and the Mrs. Should go over there and hold a gymnastics seminar or attend one. Sailing should be really good!

        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

        From: Jim Tighe <jim@...>
        Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 18:26:44 -0700
        To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 1, 2011
          Not gonna happen.  Work work work.  Idle hands and all.  Nose to the grindstone/  Ya'll enjoy the sun n snow.
          Jim Tighe
          Gem State Gymnastics Academy/Tighe Gym Sales
          5420 W State
          Boise, Idaho 83703
          208-859-1397 cell; 208-853-3220 gym

          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 1, 2011
            Another 9m day in the sun
            Billy

            To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 1, 2011
              looking forward to seeing some cool VIDS

              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 1, 2011
                You need a sign, "will boost for pescado y camerones".  I remember that downwinder with the shrimps boats. What a great time. Keep it coming.  It's cold up here.

                Regards,
                -Jason Brickner
                Olympus Controls
                (208)-475-4670

                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 3, 2011
                    Or Jon brake out the surfboards , ride able surf in the picture at Baja Joes and you know it will be huge at the bufidora

                    To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 4, 2011
                      I saw that yesterday too....  those were big wave for Baja Joes.... and they were rolling in at sun-up.

                      Jon... did you get the goods????

                      How is Casa Verde?

                      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 4, 2011
                        Look at wind speed variation.  It's huge up the LV/ES coast.  wind has westerly direction tumbling over the mountains behind ES.  Will go to bufadora today where it should be smoother, do waves and that flatwater lagoon has filled because strong El Norte.  Not many kiters or windsurfers out yesterday at either Joes or campground.  Conditions too poor.

                        To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com