Re: [snowkiteidaho] camas wind

    Message 1 of 26 , Jan 16, 2011

      Ya probably the Hysterical site , one of the turn outs on the south side
      Message 2 of 26 , Jan 17, 2011
        I'm in, but I'm on the 1:00-1:30 bus.

        Darrel Thomas
        Sent from my iPhone

        Message 3 of 26 , Jan 17, 2011
          Other duties got in my way...

          Looks like it is going to be crazy winds, forecast is gusts to 45.  Be careful. Kay bring your trainer, better yet bring a camera and catch the mayhem!!!!

          I have a special on small kites today.  Add 20% ;-)

          Eddy

          Message 4 of 26 , Jan 17, 2011

            You don't need to try to scare the rest of us off just because you can't go.

            Where's a good place to find lighter winds if it starts blasting? Doesn't feel right asking that question; we're usually looking for more wind.

            Josh

              Message 6 of 26 , Jan 17, 2011
                I'll be driving through there on my way home from salmon today, I will look for kites. Saw Bill trying to keep his kite in the air on Friday. Talk about a lost cause.

                Sent from my iPhone

                  Message 8 of 26 , Jan 17, 2011
                    I was afraid all the snow got rained off this weekend...anyone have a snow report?

                    To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

                    Message 9 of 26 , Jan 17, 2011

                      Still snow according to the Pine turn off cam http://511.idaho.gov/default.asp?display=cams&area=&textOnly
                      I was afraid all the snow got rained off this weekend...anyone have a snow report?

                      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

                      Message 10 of 26 , Jan 17, 2011
                        Looking to share a ride at around 1:30. No a$$ or grass, but cash for gass! (or I got wheels too.)

                        Give me a call
                        484-6766

                        Darrel Thomas
                        Sent from my iPhone

                        To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

                        I second that Eddy My Daughter wants to try kiting . So we will head up about noonish , It looks like it could get real windy to much for learning but we will take our chances . And Josh I wouldn't let the wet snow stop me , wax warm
                        I think there is a descent chance tomorrow.  If I can get my work done by noon I might try to boggie up.

                        Laura is contemplating heading up with dan and jen as well and I'll meet them up there.

                        Of course I wanna see it first.  I'll be returning from Pocatello on Wednesday and might bring my stuff. To hit it on trip back.

                        Eddy Petranek

                        On Jan 16, 2011, at 3:52 PM, Josh Woodland <woodland.josh@...> wrote:

                        What does the crystal ball have to say about tomorrow? It looks like some wind out of the west, but a little warm (36 degrees). Do you expect the snow to be too wet? Thinking about trying it...

                        Recent Activity:
                          |**|end egp ht
                        • Greg Danley
                          Message 11 of 26 , Jan 17, 2011
                            I hoping to head out around then, let me know if you can leave earlier (1ish) if not no biggie. Where to meet?

                            Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                            From: Darrel Thomas <darrelthomas@...>
                            Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                            Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 10:44:42 -0700
                            To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
                            ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

                            To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

                            I second that Eddy My Daughter wants to try kiting . So we will head up about noonish , It looks like it could get real windy to much for learning but we will take our chances . And Josh I wouldn't let the wet snow stop me , wax warm
                            I think there is a descent chance tomorrow.  If I can get my work done by noon I might try to boggie up.

                            Laura is contemplating heading up with dan and jen as well and I'll meet them up there.

                            Of course I wanna see it first.  I'll be returning from Pocatello on Wednesday and might bring my stuff. To hit it on trip back.

                            Eddy Petranek

                            On Jan 16, 2011, at 3:52 PM, Josh Woodland <woodland.josh@...> wrote:

                            What does the crystal ball have to say about tomorrow? It looks like some wind out of the west, but a little warm (36 degrees). Do you expect the snow to be too wet? Thinking about trying it...

                            Recent Activity:
                              |**|end egp ht
                            • Darrel Thomas
                              Message 12 of 26 , Jan 17, 2011
                                I could probably make 1:00. I am almost done at work. Albertsons on gowen over by the gas station is the standard spot. Mostly to accommodate the east Enders.  I'm coming from w Boise. So behind the Crapper Barrel is good too.

                                Give me a call
                                484-6766

                                Darrel Thomas
                                Sent from my iPhone

                                To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

                                I second that Eddy My Daughter wants to try kiting . So we will head up about noonish , It looks like it could get real windy to much for learning but we will take our chances . And Josh I wouldn't let the wet snow stop me , wax warm
                                I think there is a descent chance tomorrow.  If I can get my work done by noon I might try to boggie up.

                                Laura is contemplating heading up with dan and jen as well and I'll meet them up there.
                              • Jason Watt
                                Message 13 of 26 , Jan 17, 2011
                                  Which spot is best / flattest for a noob?

                                • Darrel Thomas
                                  Message 14 of 26 , Jan 17, 2011
                                    Meeting albys 1:15.

                                    Darrel Thomas
                                    Sent from my iPhone

                                        Message 17 of 26 , Jan 17, 2011

                                          With all the rain and fast snow melt, how is ICR looking?

                                          Message 18 of 26 , Jan 18, 2011

                                            Sorry late with Fri report.  Should have put Madi, daughter, on my 13 right away.  Tried it at the end, but too late.  I actually was able to fly it and go, but got up there an hour too late and was trying to help Madi.  Madi did show good kite control, but had some difficulty with sticky snow and snowboard.  It was still a good session for her with some learning done.  Especially the long walk out for her, postholing forever.  She never complained once and she went snowboarding the next day all day at Bogus. To be young again!

                                            William G Binegar, MD

                                            Pain Medicine-Board Certified

                                            Anesthesiology-Board Certified

                                            Medical Director

                                            Pain Care Boise

                                            301 W. Myrtle

                                            Boise, ID   83702

                                            Office: 208.342.8200 | Fax: 208.342.8202

                                            www.paincareboise.com