Re: [snowkiteidaho] camas wind

  • Kay Walst6on
    Message 1 of 26 , Jan 16, 2011
      Hey Steve,
      I'm going up tomorrow.  Where are you guys going to be.  I like the flats by the Last Resort.

      Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
      Click Here to View my VIDEO introduction
      Realtor - Top Producer
      Boise, ID. 83706
      208-860-5053 - cell
      208-331-6833 - e-fax

      Message 2 of 26 , Jan 16, 2011

        Ya probably the Hysterical site , one of the turn outs on the south side

        Message 3 of 26 , Jan 17, 2011
          I'm in, but I'm on the 1:00-1:30 bus.

          Darrel Thomas
          Sent from my iPhone

          Message 4 of 26 , Jan 17, 2011
            Other duties got in my way...

            Looks like it is going to be crazy winds, forecast is gusts to 45.  Be careful. Kay bring your trainer, better yet bring a camera and catch the mayhem!!!!

            I have a special on small kites today.  Add 20% ;-)

            Eddy

            Message 5 of 26 , Jan 17, 2011

              You don't need to try to scare the rest of us off just because you can't go.

              Where's a good place to find lighter winds if it starts blasting? Doesn't feel right asking that question; we're usually looking for more wind.

              Josh

                Message 7 of 26 , Jan 17, 2011
                  I'll be driving through there on my way home from salmon today, I will look for kites. Saw Bill trying to keep his kite in the air on Friday. Talk about a lost cause.

                  Sent from my iPhone

                    Message 9 of 26 , Jan 17, 2011
                      I was afraid all the snow got rained off this weekend...anyone have a snow report?

                      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

                      Message 10 of 26 , Jan 17, 2011

                        Still snow according to the Pine turn off cam http://511.idaho.gov/default.asp?display=cams&area=&textOnly
                        I was afraid all the snow got rained off this weekend...anyone have a snow report?

                        To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

                        Message 11 of 26 , Jan 17, 2011
                          Looking to share a ride at around 1:30. No a$$ or grass, but cash for gass! (or I got wheels too.)

                          Give me a call
                          484-6766

                          Darrel Thomas
                          Sent from my iPhone

                          To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

                          I second that Eddy My Daughter wants to try kiting . So we will head up about noonish , It looks like it could get real windy to much for learning but we will take our chances . And Josh I wouldn't let the wet snow stop me , wax warm
                          I think there is a descent chance tomorrow.  If I can get my work done by noon I might try to boggie up.

                          Laura is contemplating heading up with dan and jen as well and I'll meet them up there.

                          Of course I wanna see it first.  I'll be returning from Pocatello on Wednesday and might bring my stuff. To hit it on trip back.

                          Eddy Petranek

                          On Jan 16, 2011, at 3:52 PM, Josh Woodland <woodland.josh@...> wrote:

                          What does the crystal ball have to say about tomorrow? It looks like some wind out of the west, but a little warm (36 degrees). Do you expect the snow to be too wet? Thinking about trying it...

                          Recent Activity:
                            |**|end egp ht
                          • Greg Danley
                            Message 12 of 26 , Jan 17, 2011
                              I hoping to head out around then, let me know if you can leave earlier (1ish) if not no biggie. Where to meet?

                              Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                              From: Darrel Thomas <darrelthomas@...>
                              Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                              Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 10:44:42 -0700
                              To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
                              ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

                              To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

                              I second that Eddy My Daughter wants to try kiting . So we will head up about noonish , It looks like it could get real windy to much for learning but we will take our chances . And Josh I wouldn't let the wet snow stop me , wax warm
                              I think there is a descent chance tomorrow.  If I can get my work done by noon I might try to boggie up.

                              Laura is contemplating heading up with dan and jen as well and I'll meet them up there.

                              Of course I wanna see it first.  I'll be returning from Pocatello on Wednesday and might bring my stuff. To hit it on trip back.

                              Eddy Petranek

                              On Jan 16, 2011, at 3:52 PM, Josh Woodland <woodland.josh@...> wrote:

                              What does the crystal ball have to say about tomorrow? It looks like some wind out of the west, but a little warm (36 degrees). Do you expect the snow to be too wet? Thinking about trying it...

                              Recent Activity:
                                |**|end egp ht
                              • Darrel Thomas
                                Message 13 of 26 , Jan 17, 2011
                                  I could probably make 1:00. I am almost done at work. Albertsons on gowen over by the gas station is the standard spot. Mostly to accommodate the east Enders.  I'm coming from w Boise. So behind the Crapper Barrel is good too.

                                  Give me a call
                                  484-6766

                                  Darrel Thomas
                                  Sent from my iPhone

                                  To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

                                  I second that Eddy My Daughter wants to try kiting . So we will head up about noonish , It looks like it could get real windy to much for learning but we will take our chances . And Josh I wouldn't let the wet snow stop me , wax warm
                                  I think there is a descent chance tomorrow.  If I can get my work done by noon I might try to boggie up.

                                  Laura is contemplating heading up with dan and jen as well and I'll meet them up there.
                                • Jason Watt
                                  Message 14 of 26 , Jan 17, 2011
                                    Which spot is best / flattest for a noob?

                                  • Darrel Thomas
                                    Message 15 of 26 , Jan 17, 2011
                                      Meeting albys 1:15.

                                      Darrel Thomas
                                      Sent from my iPhone

                                          Message 18 of 26 , Jan 17, 2011

                                            With all the rain and fast snow melt, how is ICR looking?

                                            Message 19 of 26 , Jan 18, 2011

                                              Sorry late with Fri report.  Should have put Madi, daughter, on my 13 right away.  Tried it at the end, but too late.  I actually was able to fly it and go, but got up there an hour too late and was trying to help Madi.  Madi did show good kite control, but had some difficulty with sticky snow and snowboard.  It was still a good session for her with some learning done.  Especially the long walk out for her, postholing forever.  She never complained once and she went snowboarding the next day all day at Bogus. To be young again!

                                              William G Binegar, MD

                                              Pain Medicine-Board Certified

                                              Anesthesiology-Board Certified

                                              Medical Director

                                              Pain Care Boise

                                              301 W. Myrtle

                                              Boise, ID   83702

                                              Office: 208.342.8200 | Fax: 208.342.8202

                                              www.paincareboise.com