Great First Time

  • jwattboi
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 9, 2011
      Well, I had a great first time snow kiting yesterday. It was also my first time on a snowboard of any significance too.

      I was underpowered using my 9.5, but my only other kite is a 14.5 and I didn't want to get hurt my first time out on the snow. Not quite enough power to go upwind, at least at my skill level. Looks like I need to buy something in the 12m range for days like yesterday.
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 9, 2011
        Put up the 14. And suck it up ;-)

        Eddy

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 9, 2011

          I'm sure Eddy was just joking He always advocates Kiting safety and that means never putting up a kite to big for the conditions . Witch reminds me I  am still looking for a MANTA 12M FOR THE VERY SAME REASON anyone selling ?
          Steve
          Well, I had a great first time snow kiting yesterday. It was also my first time on a snowboard of any significance too.

          I was underpowered using my 9.5, but my only other kite is a 14.5 and I didn't want to get hurt my first time out on the snow. Not quite enough power to go upwind, at least at my skill level. Looks like I need to buy something in the 12m range for days like yesterday.

        • Darren
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 9, 2011
            Steve,
            I have a Manta I 12M blue and white used about 4 seasons for $600 and Manta II green and black used 2 seasons for $800. Both kites are in really good condition. I've upgraded to the Manta III but I think I like the Manta II better.

            If interested let me know at darrens@...