Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: "I gotta go kite!"

  • Jason Watt
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 8, 2011
      Just leaving eagle. Stuffed into a jeep. Will carpool / share gas $.
      Jason
      412-1893

      On Jan 8, 2011, at 8:42, Tonyswilliams <tonyswilliams@...> wrote:

      I will be going out today if anyone wants to carpool
      Leaving near 11:30

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jan 8, 2011, at 8:21 AM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

      Made the super classic mistake.

      "Left wind to find wind"

      It was windy at the Super Double Secret spot, but coverage was not great. So we went to BADS...suckered to snowshoe out to open area.   Got new Manta rigged and ready to fly but that is all it barely did.  Then it died completely.

      Skunked again.  But it was fun to hang out with ole lady again. And we got some sun & had some fun.

      Snow is nice but turning to hoarfrost on top
      Eddy

      On Jan 7, 2011, at 4:16 PM, Kay Walston <kaywalston@...> wrote:

      How can something be super secret if u can see kites flying

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jan 7, 2011, at 10:58 AM, Mark Westerdoll <westerdoll@...> wrote:

      Been there, Kited that! No such thing as a double secret spot when "Westy the poacher" has snowmobiles;) Been up a few times but the wind has been fickle, even on Bennet mountain in the "Valley of the Wind."
      WTP

      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      From: geardaddyllc@...
      Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 16:11:10 +0000
      Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: "I gotta go kite!"

      Wind looks pretty crappy but we are going to try... bringing our XC gear and going to super double secret spot

      Eddy