wednesday at CJ?

  • jclivejordan
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 29, 2006
      as I read it, tomorrow looks good for afternoon wind.. what do you think?
    • B rad
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 29, 2006
        --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "jclivejordan"
        <jclivejordan@...> wrote:

        > as I read it, tomorrow looks good for afternoon wind.. what do you
        think?

        I hope it's good, If it is, Jay could you possibly give me a ride? It
        would be greatly appreciated. Sorry about hood river. I've never heard
        of it not blowing there.
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 29, 2006
          The forecast is looking nice so plan on a 3-4 departure.

          Super Sweet Session this morning on the 13m Instinct "Absolutely the Sweetest flying kite I've ever flown."

          Eddy

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 30, 2006
            Leaving Albertsons at 4pm no later it is blowing in the 30mph range right now.

            Eddy

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 31, 2006
              What a wicked session. Winds were way strong with gusts to 40mph from 5:30 until 7:30pm, from 7:30 until dark it was 18-26ish.  I went out on my 15m Instinct and had a ball all though most of the time it was survival kiting and when I sent the kite I got some major altitude. Ryan got 2 sessions one on a 9m and he had his ass handed to him, later when it mellowed a little he went on the 12m. J went out on his 12m and did very well for the conditions managed to keep it all together until the wind got a little weaker. Brad got a session that he would not quit until the sun disappeared and he made it back to his starting position. Chris finally got a session in this summer as well.

              All in all it was way worth the journey.

              Eddy

              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 31, 2006
                ...did the wind mellow as you approached Shoshone Falls?....

                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 31, 2006

                  Hey Eddy,

                  I still want to try and splice my broken kite lines.  Until then, I order 200ft of QLine.  This is the ‘just for kitesurfing’ kite line.  I thought it would be safer.  Several forums recommend against spliceing kite lines.  I figured I’d better play it safe since impaling myself against that 4in steel post the other day.  I think it would be good to just splice a new piece of spectra into both ends of the broken line.  This way the overall length is not shortened.  Do you have any of the very fine (newer line) around?  I have some older line from a north bar, but it is thicker than the line on my slingshot bar.  I would need about two feet.

                  P.S.  I am also going to color code my lines with electrical tape and make “knock proof” connectors for all my kites and bars.  I’m taking NO MORE chances with getting my front and rear lines mixed up.  4” Steel Columns don’t bend very well.

                  -Jason

                • geardaddy@cableone.net
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 31, 2006

                    I have a complete set of colored fly lines from Ozone Red/Blue/2purple.

                    It is my experience that it is a bad idea to mix different line types tangle city. If using Qline (very stiff) use it every where, oather spectra is pretty limp. let me know if you want me to get any for you I can get the 500ft roll pretty cheap.

                    Also the splice section I do is actually stronger then any other section.

                    Eddy

                    On Thu Aug 31 21:32 , 'Jason Brickner' sent:

                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 1 7:44 AM

                      OK then… when is a good time to come by for the splice.  Will a six pack of beer ‘get er’ done’.

                      -Jason

                      Message 10 of 10 , Sep 6 5:34 AM
                         hope to see you there , boys !