Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: "I gotta go kite!"

  • Kay Walston
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 7, 2011
      How can something be super secret if u can see kites flying

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jan 7, 2011, at 10:58 AM, Mark Westerdoll <westerdoll@...> wrote:

      Been there, Kited that! No such thing as a double secret spot when "Westy the poacher" has snowmobiles;) Been up a few times but the wind has been fickle, even on Bennet mountain in the "Valley of the Wind."
      WTP

      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      From: geardaddyllc@...
      Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 16:11:10 +0000
      Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: "I gotta go kite!"

      Wind looks pretty crappy but we are going to try... bringing our XC gear and going to super double secret spot

      Eddy

      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 8, 2011
        Made the super classic mistake.

        "Left wind to find wind"

        It was windy at the Super Double Secret spot, but coverage was not great. So we went to BADS...suckered to snowshoe out to open area.   Got new Manta rigged and ready to fly but that is all it barely did.  Then it died completely.

        Skunked again.  But it was fun to hang out with ole lady again. And we got some sun & had some fun.

        Snow is nice but turning to hoarfrost on top
        Eddy

        To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        From: geardaddyllc@...
        Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 16:11:10 +0000

        Wind looks pretty crappy but we are going to try... bringing our XC gear and going to super double secret spot

        Eddy

        --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Kay Walst6on <kaywalston@...> wrote:

        > Are you guys still going up tomorrow...I'll drive up too..
        >  Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
        > Click Here to View my VIDEO introduction
        > Realtor - Top Producer
        > Coldwell Banker Tomlinson Group - downtown
        > Boise, ID. 83706
        > 208-860-5053 - cell
        > 208-331-6833 - e-fax
        >

        > ________________________________

      • Tonyswilliams

          From: geardaddyllc@...
          Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 16:11:10 +0000

            From: geardaddyllc@...
            Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 16:11:10 +0000

              From: geardaddyllc@...
              Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 16:11:10 +0000

              Wind looks pretty crappy but we are going to try... bringing our XC gear and going to super double secret spot

              Eddy

              --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Kay Walst6on <kaywalston@...> wrote:

              > Are you guys still going up tomorrow...I'll drive up too..
              >  Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
              > Click Here to View my VIDEO introduction
              > Realtor - Top Producer
              > Coldwell Banker Tomlinson Group - downtown
              > Boise, ID. 83706
              > 208-860-5053 - cell
              > 208-331-6833 - e-fax
              >

              > ________________________________

            • hempviente
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 8, 2011
                I will be there.

                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 8, 2011
                  I've got a wind sock if someone will bring a ladder and install it

                  Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
                  208-863-6966

                  On Jan 8, 2011, at 9:17 AM, hempviente wrote:

                  I will be there.

                  > 10 am departure from Albertsons
                  >

                  > Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
                  > geardaddyllc@...
                  > 208-863-6966
                  >
                  > On Jan 8, 2011, at 8:42 AM, Tonyswilliams wrote:
                  >

                  > > I will be going out today if anyone wants to carpool
                  > > Leaving near 11:30
                  > >
                  > > Sent from my iPhone
                  > >
                  > > On Jan 8, 2011, at 8:21 AM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:
                  > >

                  > >> Made the super classic mistake.
                  > >>
                  > >> "Left wind to find wind"
                  > >>
                  > >> It was windy at the Super Double Secret spot, but coverage was not great. So we went to BADS...suckered to snowshoe out to open area. Got new Manta rigged and ready to fly but that is all it barely did. Then it died completely.
                  > >>
                  > >> Skunked again. But it was fun to hang out with ole lady again. And we got some sun & had some fun.
                  > >>
                  > >> Snow is nice but turning to hoarfrost on top
                  > >> Eddy

                • Jason Watt

                    From: geardaddyllc@...
                    Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 16:11:10 +0000