Re: [snowkiteidaho] "I gotta go kite!"

  • Idahokiteboard
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 6, 2011
      You think you have missed out on the snowkiteing Eddy what about me i haven't been yet and looking at another month before I will be able to go snow kiting. I'll be stuck on a sandy beach no snow for miles and worrying about sunburn while having to Kiteboard in just boardshorts so stop your complaining and think about what I'll be missing... :p.

      Billy

      On Jan 5, 2011, at 2:16 PM, "geardaddyllc" <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

      That's what Laura told me, now that Calvin is starting his day care. we have the option to kite again...

      Heading up Friday...of course, only if there is wind. But the forecast model has rain/snow moving in Friday night so I'm thinking SE flow. We will plan to head up around 11-ish and only kite for an hour or so.

      It's about time, I forgot how to do it!!! Alright some wise-butt will have fun with that comment, not to take away from the fun:-)

      Peace out,
      EdD

    • geardaddyllc
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 7, 2011
        Wind looks pretty crappy but we are going to try... bringing our XC gear and going to super double secret spot

        Eddy

        --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Kay Walst6on <kaywalston@...> wrote:

        > Are you guys still going up tomorrow...I'll drive up too..
        >  Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
        > Click Here to View my VIDEO introduction
        > Realtor - Top Producer
        > Coldwell Banker Tomlinson Group - downtown
        > Boise, ID. 83706
        > 208-860-5053 - cell
        > 208-331-6833 - e-fax
        >

        > ________________________________

      • Darrel Thomas
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 7, 2011
          Silly boy, I thought you knew better: Wind is a fickle mistress; she will never blow on "your" schedule! It's free ski day at the Idaho City Park n ski tomorrow.

          Darrel Thomas
          Sent from my iPhone

          On Jan 7, 2011, at 9:11 AM, "geardaddyllc" <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

          Wind looks pretty crappy but we are going to try... bringing our XC gear and going to super double secret spot

          Eddy

          --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Kay Walst6on <kaywalston@...> wrote:

          > Are you guys still going up tomorrow...I'll drive up too..
          >  Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
          > Click Here to View my VIDEO introduction
          > Realtor - Top Producer
          > Coldwell Banker Tomlinson Group - downtown
          > Boise, ID. 83706
          > 208-860-5053 - cell
          > 208-331-6833 - e-fax
          >

          > ________________________________

        • Mark Westerdoll
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 7, 2011
            Been there, Kited that! No such thing as a double secret spot when "Westy the poacher" has snowmobiles;) Been up a few times but the wind has been fickle, even on Bennet mountain in the "Valley of the Wind."
            WTP

            To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
            From: geardaddyllc@...
            Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 16:11:10 +0000
            Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: "I gotta go kite!"

            Wind looks pretty crappy but we are going to try... bringing our XC gear and going to super double secret spot

            Eddy

            --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Kay Walst6on <kaywalston@...> wrote:

            > Are you guys still going up tomorrow...I'll drive up too..
            >  Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
            > Click Here to View my VIDEO introduction
            > Realtor - Top Producer
            > Coldwell Banker Tomlinson Group - downtown
            > Boise, ID. 83706
            > 208-860-5053 - cell
            > 208-331-6833 - e-fax
            >

            > ________________________________

          • Kay Walston
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 7, 2011
              How can something be super secret if u can see kites flying

              Sent from my iPhone

              To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
              From: geardaddyllc@...
              Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 16:11:10 +0000

              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 8, 2011
                Made the super classic mistake.

                "Left wind to find wind"

                It was windy at the Super Double Secret spot, but coverage was not great. So we went to BADS...suckered to snowshoe out to open area.   Got new Manta rigged and ready to fly but that is all it barely did.  Then it died completely.

                Skunked again.  But it was fun to hang out with ole lady again. And we got some sun & had some fun.

                Snow is nice but turning to hoarfrost on top
                Eddy

                To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                From: geardaddyllc@...
                Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 16:11:10 +0000

                Wind looks pretty crappy but we are going to try... bringing our XC gear and going to super double secret spot

                Eddy

                --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Kay Walst6on <kaywalston@...> wrote:

                > Are you guys still going up tomorrow...I'll drive up too..
                >  Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
                > Click Here to View my VIDEO introduction
                > Realtor - Top Producer
                > Coldwell Banker Tomlinson Group - downtown
                > Boise, ID. 83706
                > 208-860-5053 - cell
                > 208-331-6833 - e-fax
                >

                > ________________________________

              • Tonyswilliams

                  From: geardaddyllc@...
                  Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 16:11:10 +0000

                    From: geardaddyllc@...
                    Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 16:11:10 +0000

                      From: geardaddyllc@...
                      Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 16:11:10 +0000

                      Wind looks pretty crappy but we are going to try... bringing our XC gear and going to super double secret spot

                      Eddy

                      --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Kay Walst6on <kaywalston@...> wrote:

                      > Are you guys still going up tomorrow...I'll drive up too..
                      >  Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
                      > Click Here to View my VIDEO introduction
                      > Realtor - Top Producer
                      > Coldwell Banker Tomlinson Group - downtown
                      > Boise, ID. 83706
                      > 208-860-5053 - cell
                      > 208-331-6833 - e-fax
                      >

                      > ________________________________

                    • hempviente
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 8, 2011
                        I will be there.

                        Message 11 of 14 , Jan 8, 2011
                          I've got a wind sock if someone will bring a ladder and install it

                          Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
                          208-863-6966

                          On Jan 8, 2011, at 9:17 AM, hempviente wrote:

                          I will be there.

                          > 10 am departure from Albertsons
                          >

                          > Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
                          > geardaddyllc@...
                          > 208-863-6966
                          >
                          > On Jan 8, 2011, at 8:42 AM, Tonyswilliams wrote:
                          >

                          > > I will be going out today if anyone wants to carpool
                          > > Leaving near 11:30
                          > >
                          > > Sent from my iPhone
                          > >
                          > > On Jan 8, 2011, at 8:21 AM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:
                          > >

                          > >> Made the super classic mistake.
                          > >>
                          > >> "Left wind to find wind"
                          > >>
                          > >> It was windy at the Super Double Secret spot, but coverage was not great. So we went to BADS...suckered to snowshoe out to open area. Got new Manta rigged and ready to fly but that is all it barely did. Then it died completely.
                          > >>
                          > >> Skunked again. But it was fun to hang out with ole lady again. And we got some sun & had some fun.
                          > >>
                          > >> Snow is nice but turning to hoarfrost on top
                          > >> Eddy

                        • Jason Watt

                            From: geardaddyllc@...
                            Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 16:11:10 +0000