"I gotta go kite!"

  • geardaddyllc
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 5, 2011
      That's what Laura told me, now that Calvin is starting his day care. we have the option to kite again...

      Heading up Friday...of course, only if there is wind. But the forecast model has rain/snow moving in Friday night so I'm thinking SE flow. We will plan to head up around 11-ish and only kite for an hour or so.

      It's about time, I forgot how to do it!!! Alright some wise-butt will have fun with that comment, not to take away from the fun:-)

      Peace out,
      EdD
    • Kay Walst6on
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 6, 2011
        Are you guys still going up tomorrow...I'll drive up too..

        Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
        Click Here to View my VIDEO introduction
        Realtor - Top Producer
        Boise, ID. 83706
        208-860-5053 - cell
        208-331-6833 - e-fax

          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 7, 2011
            Wind looks pretty crappy but we are going to try... bringing our XC gear and going to super double secret spot

            Eddy

            --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Kay Walst6on <kaywalston@...> wrote:

            > Are you guys still going up tomorrow...I'll drive up too..
            >  Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
            > Click Here to View my VIDEO introduction
            > Realtor - Top Producer
            > Coldwell Banker Tomlinson Group - downtown
            > Boise, ID. 83706
            > 208-860-5053 - cell
            > 208-331-6833 - e-fax
            >

            > ________________________________

          • Darrel Thomas
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 7, 2011
              Silly boy, I thought you knew better: Wind is a fickle mistress; she will never blow on "your" schedule! It's free ski day at the Idaho City Park n ski tomorrow.

              Darrel Thomas
              Sent from my iPhone

              On Jan 7, 2011, at 9:11 AM, "geardaddyllc" <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

              Wind looks pretty crappy but we are going to try... bringing our XC gear and going to super double secret spot

              Eddy

              --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Kay Walst6on <kaywalston@...> wrote:

              > Are you guys still going up tomorrow...I'll drive up too..
              >  Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
              > Click Here to View my VIDEO introduction
              > Realtor - Top Producer
              > Coldwell Banker Tomlinson Group - downtown
              > Boise, ID. 83706
              > 208-860-5053 - cell
              > 208-331-6833 - e-fax
              >

              > ________________________________

            • Mark Westerdoll
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 7, 2011
                Been there, Kited that! No such thing as a double secret spot when "Westy the poacher" has snowmobiles;) Been up a few times but the wind has been fickle, even on Bennet mountain in the "Valley of the Wind."
                WTP

                To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                From: geardaddyllc@...
                Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 16:11:10 +0000
                Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: "I gotta go kite!"

                Wind looks pretty crappy but we are going to try... bringing our XC gear and going to super double secret spot

                Eddy

                --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Kay Walst6on <kaywalston@...> wrote:

                > Are you guys still going up tomorrow...I'll drive up too..
                >  Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
                > Click Here to View my VIDEO introduction
                > Realtor - Top Producer
                > Coldwell Banker Tomlinson Group - downtown
                > Boise, ID. 83706
                > 208-860-5053 - cell
                > 208-331-6833 - e-fax
                >

                > ________________________________

              • Kay Walston
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 7, 2011
                  How can something be super secret if u can see kites flying

                  Sent from my iPhone

                  To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                  From: geardaddyllc@...
                  Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 16:11:10 +0000

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 8, 2011
                    Made the super classic mistake.

                    "Left wind to find wind"

                    It was windy at the Super Double Secret spot, but coverage was not great. So we went to BADS...suckered to snowshoe out to open area.   Got new Manta rigged and ready to fly but that is all it barely did.  Then it died completely.

                    Skunked again.  But it was fun to hang out with ole lady again. And we got some sun & had some fun.

                    Snow is nice but turning to hoarfrost on top
                    Eddy

                    To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                    From: geardaddyllc@...
                    Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 16:11:10 +0000

                    Wind looks pretty crappy but we are going to try... bringing our XC gear and going to super double secret spot

                    Eddy

                    --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Kay Walst6on <kaywalston@...> wrote:

                    > Are you guys still going up tomorrow...I'll drive up too..
                    >  Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
                    > Click Here to View my VIDEO introduction
                    > Realtor - Top Producer
                    > Coldwell Banker Tomlinson Group - downtown
                    > Boise, ID. 83706
                    > 208-860-5053 - cell
                    > 208-331-6833 - e-fax
                    >

                    > ________________________________

                  • Tonyswilliams

                      From: geardaddyllc@...
                      Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 16:11:10 +0000

                        From: geardaddyllc@...
                        Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 16:11:10 +0000

                          From: geardaddyllc@...
                          Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 16:11:10 +0000

                          Wind looks pretty crappy but we are going to try... bringing our XC gear and going to super double secret spot

                          Eddy

                          --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Kay Walst6on <kaywalston@...> wrote:

                          > Are you guys still going up tomorrow...I'll drive up too..
                          >  Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
                          > Click Here to View my VIDEO introduction
                          > Realtor - Top Producer
                          > Coldwell Banker Tomlinson Group - downtown
                          > Boise, ID. 83706
                          > 208-860-5053 - cell
                          > 208-331-6833 - e-fax
                          >

                          > ________________________________

                        • hempviente
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jan 8, 2011
                            I will be there.

                            Message 13 of 14 , Jan 8, 2011
                              I've got a wind sock if someone will bring a ladder and install it

                              Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
                              208-863-6966

                              On Jan 8, 2011, at 9:17 AM, hempviente wrote:

                              I will be there.

                              > 10 am departure from Albertsons
                              >

                              > Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
                              > geardaddyllc@...
                              > 208-863-6966
                              >
                              > On Jan 8, 2011, at 8:42 AM, Tonyswilliams wrote:
                              >

                              > > I will be going out today if anyone wants to carpool
                              > > Leaving near 11:30
                              > >
                              > > Sent from my iPhone
                              > >
                              > > On Jan 8, 2011, at 8:21 AM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:
                              > >

                              > >> Made the super classic mistake.
                              > >>
                              > >> "Left wind to find wind"
                              > >>
                              > >> It was windy at the Super Double Secret spot, but coverage was not great. So we went to BADS...suckered to snowshoe out to open area. Got new Manta rigged and ready to fly but that is all it barely did. Then it died completely.
                              > >>
                              > >> Skunked again. But it was fun to hang out with ole lady again. And we got some sun & had some fun.
                              > >>
                              > >> Snow is nice but turning to hoarfrost on top
                              > >> Eddy

                            • Jason Watt

                                From: geardaddyllc@...
                                Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 16:11:10 +0000