Re: [snowkiteidaho] instructor wanting to kite/teach friends in Idaho???

  • geardaddy@cableone.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 24 2:46 PM

      Hey Jake,

      I'm really the only person Teaching in Boise Right now but the places that work for wind are Lucky Peak in mornings with SE Flow but you need a boat or at least that is how I'm instructing. the other option is for beginners is CJ Strike for NW flow.

      If you want detail call me at 208-863-6966

      Eddy

      On Thu Aug 24 20:05 , 'jakesteele2000' sent:

      Hey,
      I'm an IKO/PASA instructor originally from Boise and returning for a
      visit 8/31 - 9/11 and I'd like to find out where to go kiting in
      Idaho. I have some friends I want to teach in Boise, so ideally it
      would ba a place good for learning. Where is the best spot this time
      of year?

      Also, we're thinking about a kiting/camping trip over labor day
      weekend. Is anybody doing the same. It could be fun to get a group.
      Where's the best place?

      Thanks,
      jake

    • steve_linane
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 24 4:49 PM
        --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "jakesteele2000"
        <jakesteele2000@...> wrote:

        > Hey,
        > I'm an IKO/PASA instructor originally from Boise and returning for
        > visit 8/31 - 9/11 and I'd like to find out where to go kiting in
        > Idaho. I have some friends I want to teach in Boise, so ideally it
        > would ba a place good for learning. Where is the best spot this
        time
        > of year?
        >
        > Also, we're thinking about a kiting/camping trip over labor day
        > weekend. Is anybody doing the same. It could be fun to get a
        group.
        > Where's the best place?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > jake
        >Eddys right with C.J.Strite being the most user friendly you can
        start at the dam and do a down winder .No rocks some trees. the
        overnighter around here is a bit tough its only 30 minutes to an hr
        to the kit spots .but the Gorge is a possibility 4and1/2 hr to 3mi
        canyon and the wind when its blow will go all day . unlike here 1 to
        2 hr in the moring at L.P and maybe 2 to 3 hr in the after noon at
        C.J.
        Steve