instructor wanting to kite/teach friends in Idaho???

  • jakesteele2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 24, 2006
      Hey,
      I'm an IKO/PASA instructor originally from Boise and returning for a
      visit 8/31 - 9/11 and I'd like to find out where to go kiting in
      Idaho. I have some friends I want to teach in Boise, so ideally it
      would ba a place good for learning. Where is the best spot this time
      of year?

      Also, we're thinking about a kiting/camping trip over labor day
      weekend. Is anybody doing the same. It could be fun to get a group.
      Where's the best place?

      Thanks,
      jake
    • geardaddy@cableone.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 24, 2006

        Hey Jake,

        I'm really the only person Teaching in Boise Right now but the places that work for wind are Lucky Peak in mornings with SE Flow but you need a boat or at least that is how I'm instructing. the other option is for beginners is CJ Strike for NW flow.

        If you want detail call me at 208-863-6966

        Eddy

        On Thu Aug 24 20:05 , 'jakesteele2000' sent:

        Hey,
        I'm an IKO/PASA instructor originally from Boise and returning for a
        visit 8/31 - 9/11 and I'd like to find out where to go kiting in
        Idaho. I have some friends I want to teach in Boise, so ideally it
        would ba a place good for learning. Where is the best spot this time
        of year?

        Also, we're thinking about a kiting/camping trip over labor day
        weekend. Is anybody doing the same. It could be fun to get a group.
        Where's the best place?

        Thanks,
        jake

      • steve_linane
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 24, 2006
          --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "jakesteele2000"
          <jakesteele2000@...> wrote:

          > Hey,
          > I'm an IKO/PASA instructor originally from Boise and returning for
          > visit 8/31 - 9/11 and I'd like to find out where to go kiting in
          > Idaho. I have some friends I want to teach in Boise, so ideally it
          > would ba a place good for learning. Where is the best spot this
          time
          > of year?
          >
          > Also, we're thinking about a kiting/camping trip over labor day
          > weekend. Is anybody doing the same. It could be fun to get a
          group.
          > Where's the best place?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > jake
          >Eddys right with C.J.Strite being the most user friendly you can
          start at the dam and do a down winder .No rocks some trees. the
          overnighter around here is a bit tough its only 30 minutes to an hr
          to the kit spots .but the Gorge is a possibility 4and1/2 hr to 3mi
          canyon and the wind when its blow will go all day . unlike here 1 to
          2 hr in the moring at L.P and maybe 2 to 3 hr in the after noon at
          C.J.
          Steve