best chance for wind

    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 26, 2010
      Who can we send up today that will give us a honest snow report . ?
      Zone Forecast: Camas PrairieMobile Weather Information

      Last Update: 344 AM MST FRI NOV 26 2010
      Detailed text forecast
      Today...Partly sunny. Highs 20 to 25. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Gusts to 25 mph in the afternoon. Lowest wind chill readings around 5 below zero in the morning
    • Darrel Thomas

            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 27, 2010
              Hey guys, if i get a new frenzy 13 do you think i will be nicely powered most of the time or is the 11 a better fit. I just dont want to be paragliding while snow kiting. let me know what you think. thanks

              Morgan Parks

              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 27, 2010
                Big kites are better especially for us big boys.

                Do u have a connection on the 2011 13?  I tried to order some and none are available until first of year.  I have a new 15 on order hope it makes it soon.

                Eddy Petranek

                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 27, 2010

                  Morgan
                  I weigh 190 /195 and use my 15m 75% of the time and my 10m the rest and  ( wish I had a 7m three or four times a season) ,I ride a snowboard . If you plan to use skis you can get by with a smaller kite . Do some research,  last years Frenzy and Manta needed some tuning , I don't know what the new ones are like , Maybe Eddy does, What do you know Eddy ? . But I would get the Manta , its the difference between a Cadillac and a Ford .
                  On another note I would like to pickup a 12m manta  cheap , anyone  selling ?
                  Steve O'

                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 27, 2010
                    Well, the research i have been doing is telling me that Frenzy 2011 is totally new this year, they reduced the lines by 20 some percent, put in blow out valves so that when the kite is crashed the air flows out and doesnt hurt the kite. I know that you guys all love the manta, but the frenzy has more de power and this year all kites come with the same great bar set up. The Frenzy has my attention with the blow out valves. they are not mentioned on the manta 3s and the frenzy claims to have more de-power. >? i have not flown either, except a manta 2 of my buddy's but i didnt actually kite with it.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 27, 2010
                      Unless you're a beginner, the 11 will most likely be too small. 13 should be enough to ride with most of the time, but the 15 will get you off the ground in lighter wind days. I have a 9 and 13 frenzy on order. Maybe ahead of Eddy's. I should have the 9 soon, but the 13 is at least a couple weeks out still. You're welcome to try them if you can wait.  The Frenzies do sound like a sweet kite this year, but its really a matter of size;15 or 13. That is a matter of how you feel about waiting for the ground to came back to you!

                      Darrel Thomas
                      Sent from my iPhone

                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 29, 2010
                        Cool, yea, i would love to check em out before buying one. i am not a beginner as far as kiting goes, i started a long time ago, but these last couple years i havent gotten out much on water or snow, and i am not boosting major air recently and it kind of scares me frankly. the 13 might just be fine for some cruising and smaller controlled jumps. Do you ever go out to the simplot soccer complex and fly?

                        Morgan

                        Message 11 of 11 , Nov 30, 2010
                          I'll let you know when I get it.

                          Darrel Thomas