Re: [snowkiteidaho] Never mind

    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 6, 2010
      Greg do you have a air compressor ?
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Saturday, November 06, 2010 6:40 PM
      Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Never mind

      Ok for all those who are laughing their a--'s off I figured it out, sand really chafes when its in your shorts and you wear really tight jeans!
      Also there are some handy velcro tabs at the ends of the kite (probably where the sand gets in) and a handy zipper in the middle of the main bladder that one can run the water hose in to rinse out the kite. I hope I got most if not all of it out.
      Open to better suggestions.
      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

    • Greg Danley
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 6, 2010
        No, but have access to one. Would that be a better way of getting the sand out?

        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

        From: "Steve Linane" <stevelinane@...>
        Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 20:23:04 -0600
        To: <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Never mind

        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 6, 2010
          Do or use compressed air....it will instantly burn holes in bladder.

          Eddy Petranek

          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 6, 2010
            You say do not use compressed air?

            Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 6, 2010
              Sorry do not use compressed air

              Eddy Petranek

              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 6, 2010
                Thanks for the advice. Looks like there may be wind in the morning. Hope to see you out there.

                Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                From: Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...>
                Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 22:35:22 -0600
                To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>

                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 7, 2010

                  Greg
                  Every air compressor has a regulator you can turn it down to 30lb to start and go up from there  . Don't want to contradict EDDY but I have used my compressor to inflate my kites and didn't burn a hole or other wise start them on fire .. First when the kite is very dry open the Velcro ends and just try shacking it out . No doubt the sand is stuck along the way so some wrinkling and light hitting with your hand mite loosen it . the problem with water or air is getting access to the individual bladders .   The sand cant get in when it is inflated so it  most likely its getting in when it is in the bag or on the beach when you roll it up . the ends of the struts are like a tub that folds over and Velcro's in place , very hard for sand to get through there ,most likely it gets in around the inflation valve or valves if yours isn't a single pump . I have found sand inside my bladders at times ( only noticed when I had removed them from kite ) and this was a easy fix just inflate the bladder and pore the sand out the inflation valve . Sand will get in from the pump , on the beach and leavening the cap open in the bag .

                  From: Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...>
                  Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 22:35:22 -0600

                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 7, 2010
                    Steve is right you need to turn PSI down to ~10psi.  Otherwise, you will burn a hole in bladder. No the bladder does not Burst in to flames, but that would be fun. Better off not using compressor as this will spoil the heck out of you, and you'll never want to pump again. My understanding of your email was that the sand was between casing and bladder??? low psi will not blast sand out ends of kite wing tip velcro ends!!!

                    You guys who are still out there playing on the water...My hat is off to you!  Maybe next season I'll play a little later in year, having more fun with my little Calvin. Just pulled out my snow kites and knocking the dust off them :-)!!!  Maybe sometime soon??? or maybe we will water kite year round.  Climate Change???

                    Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
                    208-863-6966

                    From: Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...>
                    Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 22:35:22 -0600

                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 7, 2010

                      We are talking about sand between the bladder and the casing that's why I suggest 30 psi to start ., 10 psi to inflate but that is another subject / sand  inside the bladder was a side note I interjected as a related topic for your edification

                      Its 58 at the airport but the LP raws are low , I think I will go up for a look any way

                      From: Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...>
                      Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 22:35:22 -0600

                      Message 10 of 12 , Nov 7, 2010
                        My question was about sand between the bladder and the casing. However after opening up the tip pockets and trying to wash out the leading edge casing I did notice a few grains of sand on the inside of my bladder.

                        I am looking at the water at LP and there is not much happening YET. A few puffs are rolling down the pipe.
                        Will hang for a while, will post if it picks up.

                        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                        From: "Steve Linane" <stevelinane@...>
                        Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                        Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 08:22:08 -0700
                        To: <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>

                        From: Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...>
                        Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 22:35:22 -0600

                        Message 11 of 12 , Nov 7, 2010
                          La la la nina, shoot its gotta be 55 or so here at lucky peak, wind hasn't hit yet, don't know if these clouds are blocking it from comming in, looked good at airport. Your not missing much here!
                          I guess kite maintenance\hygene is a good topic. Thanks for replys.

                          Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                          From: Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...>
                          Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 22:35:22 -0600